New Here.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello to all. I am new to MT and just wanted to intro myself. I have studied severasl different styles with my primary being Chito-ryu karate. I have trained in EPAK, Hawaiian Kenpo, Isshin-ryu karate, Okinawan Kobudo, and I am currently learning ITF style TKD. I have below black rank in EPAK and Hawaiian Kenpo(Blue belt in both). I am a Ni-dan in Isshin-ryu, Yon-dan in Okinawan Kobudo and a Go-dan in Chito-ryu. I have only recently reached the Red belt in TKD. I like full-contact knockdown style and kata competitions. I hope to gain soem great knowledge especially in EPAK and TKD. Thanks for having such a great site.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Searcher. This is a nice discussion board full of all kinds of information and interesting discussion.

Have a look around and enjoy!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Searcher. Certainly hope that you find what you are looking for here at MTalk. ;) Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to pm any MTalk Mentor or Moderator. We are here to help :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!!! :ultracool

MJS

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MT..Happy posting...

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi Searcher, welcome to the forum. As red belt in TKD, you are getting into the thick of it. Although i do WTF, I have learned ITF forms as well. WTF does technique differently but as you explore you may find that out as well. Enjoy! TW

OP
searcher

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, I am starting to get into the thick of it with TKD. I was very fortunate to have had several years of experience under my belt. That has really helped me with the learning of new Hyungs and in other areas. I still continue to teach and train in my other styles, but have had to put a great deal of attention to my TKD training. Sometimes I feel like there are not enough hours in the day.

J

JKD_Silat

Welcome! It seems that you have a lot of experience, and insight to offer! I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Welcome, You sound like you enjoy the real thing about martial arts. You may want to get a hold of "Marc, the animal, Macyoung books. Next best thing to learning the real stuff of what fighting really is about. It has change my way of thinking of training for real street fighting, read it and you will understand......Aloha

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! SOunds like you'll be able to provide some great knowledge too with a background like that. I know very little about Chito-ryu, for example--maybe you can tell us a bit about it on the Karate forum!