Hi

hogstooth

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am a Godan and have been studying the arts for 29 years. I have studied Matsubayashi-Ryu, Kobayashi-Ryu, Goju-Ryu, Isshin-Ryu, Shotokan, Shogoshin, Kobudo, Judo, Iaido and hand-to-hand combat in the Marine Corps. I have been training with a few friends the past 5 years to stay active. My Sensei retired and moved to Florida and schools are not abundant in this area. Or should I say good schools that stay open longer than a year. I have been teaching a class of 14 for seven years and that keeps me in shape but long to find a traditional Sensei of Okinawan or Japanese Karate to continue on the path I started on. I am married and have a 15 yr old daughter. I work in the construction field as an electrical estimator and design engineer. My hobbies are forging knives, shooting and playing golf.

GuroJason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow, that's a whole lot of different arts that you've studied. In which art are you a Godan? I'm new to Martial Talk as well... you should have joined sooner so you could come to Meet & Greet! It was great.

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to MT. With someone of your experience I am looking forward to your input in threads to come.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome and happy posting! Best wishes on finding a school.