New Double Sinawali or Striking Pattern

OP
Darkmoon

Darkmoon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks a lot DeMano I would love to see the full abanico sinawli on film or an mpeg file. Could you fix that for me that would be great.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi DeMano,

I was working the bags and sticks today, did that drill pretty much as you explained it.

I do it for a while on the big bag and then break in to an all out attack (freestyle) lots of foot movement just off the top of my head, then I go back to the drill, then back to (freestyle) I work on it until, I smell the oder of warm rattan, or until I need water to get the feeling of going to puke to stop, and get some water and then back at it.

I hit the two tie ball with my hands empty as a way to change to empty hands. Works for me.:idunno:

Regards, Gary

Arnis_DeMano

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
GAB said:
Hi DeMano,

I was working the bags and sticks today, did that drill pretty much as you explained it.

I do it for a while on the big bag and then break in to an all out attack (freestyle) lots of foot movement just off the top of my head, then I go back to the drill, then back to (freestyle) I work on it until, I smell the oder of warm rattan, or until I need water to get the feeling of going to puke to stop, and get some water and then back at it.

I hit the two tie ball with my hands empty as a way to change to empty hands. Works for me.:idunno:

Regards, Gary
i am truely sorry, i am not sure of what you mean...what do you mean with freestyle, is it freestyle with double stick or single stick or what? i am sorry what does the tie ball to do with this, maybe my english is real bad, but i really don´t understand what you mean..sorry..please elaberate for me... :D

Arnis_DeMano

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Darkmoon said:
Thanks a lot DeMano I would love to see the full abanico sinawli on film or an mpeg file. Could you fix that for me that would be great.
Yeah sure, i maybe find some time tomorrow... and see if i can post it up sometime on thursday night.
i´ll fix as fast as i can....

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Arnis_DeMano said:
i am truely sorry, i am not sure of what you mean...what do you mean with freestyle, is it freestyle with double stick or single stick or what? i am sorry what does the tie ball to do with this, maybe my english is real bad, but i really don´t understand what you mean..sorry..please elaberate for me... :D
Hi Kris,
When I say freestyle I mean to do moves with out an order, free with out following a 1,2,3, pattern more like....4,2,8,5. As it comes to your mind as if you are fighting an enemy who is not moving in a specific way.:asian:

The Ball is tied on both ends to an elastic cord and returns at you as fast as you hit it away, swings back and forth, you hit and move with, footwork to evade, or attack, or back and forth, or side to side.

Regards, Gary

Arnis_DeMano

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
GAB said:
Hi Kris,
When I say freestyle I mean to do moves with out an order, free with out following a 1,2,3, pattern more like....4,2,8,5. As it comes to your mind as if you are fighting an enemy who is not moving in a specific way.:asian:

The Ball is tied on both ends to an elastic cord and returns at you as fast as you hit it away, swings back and forth, you hit and move with, footwork to evade, or attack, or back and forth, or side to side.

Regards, Gary
OK i see, but do you stil do this with double sticks or single?

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Kris, I do this with either (both).
Using your free hand you keep in the area of your chest. (Single)
With both you are using them in connection to each other. (Double)

Regards, Gary:asian:

Latest Discussions