Need some help with a research "project"

mrogers1257

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm doing a bit of research, just for extra knowledge and for my notebooks.
Anyone know of any places on the internet that will show me a list of JuJitsu Kata's and what the throws and motions are?
Doesn't matter what style of JuJitsu, anything but Brazillian though (sorry...not a fan :p).

If you could post the link that would be great.
Thanks for the help!

PS: Love the Ebono Kata, and I know it's not JuJitsu but I LOVE the Nage No Kata from Judo.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can't be done, I'm afraid.

You might get a kata list of a particular Ryu-ha, but that's not the same as "all the throws", or anything like it. It's a list of the kata.

I am intrigued by what "for extra knowledge and for my notebooks" refers to, though... if you're training in a Ryu, then getting the methods of another system won't really mean anything. And if you're not, then it won't mean anything either.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, to begin with, 'Jujitsu', is a very broad statement.
Its nice that You like a Judo Kata and all, but what exactly do You want to gain from this?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmm, I wasn't familiar with E Bo no Kata, I mainly deal with the Koryu side of things. Interesting. I'm actually fairly fond of that. It seems it's a modern kata which is part of a number of modern Western systems and organisations, who like to use it for assessments... mainly Danish, but also as part of the USJJF, from what I saw. I'd be interested to see where it came from... it's largely generic "jujitsu" (modern, Western), with a hefty degree of karate in there as well, but it's all quite solid stuff. Nice.

Latest Discussions