NCAA Play off

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is why a 4 team playoff is silly. I watched TCU yesterday and thought they could beat anyone. Not to mention a team like Boise should have a shot at the title as well. 4 teams is not really a playoff!
I don't know. I personally think 4-6 teams is about right. This year 6 might have been perfect, but some years there may not be that many truly deserving teams.

Who was ranked at 7 and 8? Miss State and Mich State? Both of them had an opportunity to make a run. Mich State lost to the two best teams it played. Miss State got pretty well handled by Alabama (game wasn't as close as the score indicated) and they didn't show up ready to play Ole Miss or Georgia Tech in their bowl game. And Boise State lost by around 3 touchdowns to Ole Miss, who got curb-stomped by TCU.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how today's games play out!

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will not any predictions on today's games. I will just enjoy watching to see how Baylor dose

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well Divisiion II and Division III figured it out and have 16 team playoffs. I don't think we have ever had a real champion in College Football because who knows who would have won. Maybe a team that lost early on got their game rolling towards the end. My team MSU would clearly have beaten Florida State last year but we did not get a chance.

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
B1G baby! what a couple bowl games! I'm sure Mark May is pissed.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not such a good ending in the Oregon / Florida state game. But I'm happy with it I hate the Noles

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm going call a Ducks vs Buckeyes championship game. Ducks win it all

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alabama vs Ohio game is not over yet but from what I'm seeing I am not sure if either team can compete with Oregon's fast paced game. Both of these teams need to change personal to much.
now I'm back to watching this game to see which will face Oregon in the championship

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D
Alabama vs Ohio game is not over yet but from what I'm seeing I am not sure if either team can compete with Oregon's fast paced game. Both of these teams need to change personal to much.
now I'm back to watching this game to see which will face Oregon in the championship

My husband has this on the television now, he keeps flipping between this and the live test match cricket, South Africa v W Indies
the American game has only been on half an hour and the cricket lasts all day so this should be fun

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cricket lasts all day? damn I thought baseball was a long game

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cricket lasts all day? damn I thought baseball was a long game

Oh it's worse than that, Test matches last for four or five days! the usually start on a Thursday and finish on a Monday, sometimes they can finish on the Sunday though depends on the score. Limited over cricket will be just for the day or evening depending on country and how many overs.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh it's worse than that, Test matches last for four or five days! the usually start on a Thursday and finish on a Monday, sometimes they can finish on the Sunday though depends on the score. Limited over cricket will be just for the day or evening depending on country and how many overs.
Wow that sounds horrible. I dont have the attention span for that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that sounds horrible. I dont have the attention span for that.

It's great fun, they do stop for lunch and tea, there's always bars and it's frightfully civilised, the oiks have their own stand where they can dress up and be noisy. The atmosphere is always good and the game itself is actually more interesting than you'd imagine.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Cricket is a brilliant sport. Limited over 50 and 20/20 are the slug fests. Test is more tactical. Youtube the IPL, many of the legends play in India. Out of season at the mo.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok folks it is down to Oregon vs Ohio State whats your pick??????

I"ll go with Oregon their fast paced game should wear Ohio State's defense out

Latest Discussions