OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not going to happen in one year for Michigan, may in about 4 year's after he has had time to rebuild and recruit

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Michigan will be better in three years. It took Harbaugh three years to turn around Stanford. The cupboard at Michigan is pretty bare but it is a huge hire and they will be competitive in three years.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree 2 to 3 years but the sports talk radio today was crazy annoying. Sucks for my Terps that's one more good Big 10 team to beat up on them

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Michigan will be better in three years. It took Harbaugh three years to turn around Stanford. The cupboard at Michigan is pretty bare but it is a huge hire and they will be competitive in three years.
Michigan recruited pretty well under Hoke, just didn't develop that talent. Harbaugh ought to be able to compete in the Big 10 next year. Outside of Ohio State and Michigan State, there aren't really any scary teams. And Michigan State lost to the only two really good teams they played this year. But of course, both of those teams are in their division.

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not quite real enough for me. I want a 16 team playoff with higher seeded teams getting home field advantage, bye, etc. Okay wait, I guess I have that with the pro's. :)

Okay so with the College Playoff I think Alabama wins it this year. Not sold on Oregon after they have lost their best cornerback to a season ending injury. Florida State is really weak this year. It is not last years team. Ohio State will give Alabama a run for the money but in the end we probably have Alabama vs. Oregon and Alabama rolling to another Championship that is not quite as mythical as it used to b!.
I think 16 teams is probably too many, simply because I think there's not that many teams worthy of playing for the title. This year 6 teams probably deserve a shot, but I think 4 teams will work out most years.

Then again, it won't surprise me at all if we end up with 8 teams before long. I just hope if they go to 8 it will be the "best" 8 and that conference champs don't get automatic bids.

As for who will win this year, I think Alabama has a good shot, but I'm biased. I'm curious to see how Oregon does against a big physical defense like FSU. Although they've underperformed this season, it'll still probably be the best defense Oregon has seen, certainly from a talent standpoint.

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Alabama looks flat this year like they just expect to show up and win without trying.
I don't know what games you've been watching lately. Alabama has improved a ton since the beginning of the year. They've played a tougher schedule than probably any other team in the playoff. Outside of their secondary, they've been pretty dominant this year. And even when the defense gave up 600 plus yards and 44 points to Auburn, Alabama won by double digits.

I don't think they've played a truly complete game this year (though the aTm game was pretty close) and that's scary. That, of course, doesn't mean they'll win the championship or even beat OSU. I expect Alabama to make the final, and then who knows.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
American college football.? Brilliant game. Really enjoy watching :)

If you have BT sport which includes ESPN you can watch the college American football games. There's also the basketball equivalent.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't have that, BT sports too posh for me :D

I get it free because my internet is done by BT :D, has an app for my tablet so I can watch TUF and the UFC (BT shows them) on it too. It's a lot cheaper than AOL who I used to have.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it free because my internet is done by BT :D, has an app for my tablet so I can watch TUF and the UFC (BT shows them) on it too. It's a lot cheaper than AOL who I used to have.

AOL, think they were around when Gerbils used to run messages back and forth :D Tbh, most of what I have seen, was at the Rose Bowl. Can't remember what teams though. Trying to remember the name of a certain Running Back that went on to play Pro at a very good level, but his name just escapes at the moment. Used to run like a Whippet.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know what games you've been watching lately. Alabama has improved a ton since the beginning of the year. They've played a tougher schedule than probably any other team in the playoff. Outside of their secondary, they've been pretty dominant this year. And even when the defense gave up 600 plus yards and 44 points to Auburn, Alabama won by double digits.

I don't think they've played a truly complete game this year (though the aTm game was pretty close) and that's scary. That, of course, doesn't mean they'll win the championship or even beat OSU. I expect Alabama to make the final, and then who knows.
I watched almost all of them. I watched unranked Wva, Tenn, and Arkansas give them a game. I watched Old MIss, LSU, Auburn, and MIss St give them a hard games.
The best thing they got going for them is Ohio is on their 3rd or 4th string Qb.
In my opinion the best team in College FB this year was TCU and they are not even in the hunt

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
there will be plenty of arguments for the next year about if TCU should have been ranked 4th.

Secondary?
we have many extra games at the end of the regular season. This make some money for the universities and college through television coverage.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
More Bosie Magic

the number 20 team in the nation wins over the number 10 team in an exciting game. What an ending if you missed it you missed seeing two teams battle until the last second of the game

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Secondary?
S.E.C
Southeast Conference
Southeastern Conference

College teams basically are broken up in divisions. Usually by region of the country. ACC Atlantic Coast Conference, PAC12 PAcific 12 Conference ETC ETC ETC there are several different ones. Its kinda complicated since they no longer really go by regions anymore as teams move around to get better TV deals for more money.

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think they made there case today big time
They certainly looked good out there today. Ole Miss didn't show up to play and TCU looked like they wanted to prove something. It's too bad they collapsed against Baylor. They'd have been the #1 seed. Neither Mississippi school looked ready to play today on defense, and Ole Miss just looked terrible.

I doubt TCU is really 40 points better (just like Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship), but they didn't leave any doubt they can compete with anyone.

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
there will be plenty of arguments for the next year about if TCU should have been ranked 4th.
They can argue all they want, but the fact is that TCU wouldn't have made the top four even if Ohio State had lost to Wisconsin. Baylor would have been in at #4 due to their head to head result. TCU needed Arizona, Missouri, or Georgia Tech to beat the other top teams to get in.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is why a 4 team playoff is silly. I watched TCU yesterday and thought they could beat anyone. Not to mention a team like Boise should have a shot at the title as well. 4 teams is not really a playoff!

Latest Discussions