My basic problem with YOU.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Who knew this would turn into an abortion thread. There you go, the OP's point both missed and proved.

Actually, I think the abortion debate illustrates the OP's position very well. The biggest difficulty with the pro-life crowd is not that they are against abortion. It's that they are against anyone being able to have an abortion, and that they sometimes pursue their goals through violent means to support what is, in effect, their opinion on whether the procedure is right or wrong. It is the ultimate bullying of others to follow their beliefs, through protesting, name calling (murderers!), and every so often, by direct violence against those choosing differently from themselves, or against the doctors who provide a vital and legal service that otherwise would still be available, but much more dangerous for the women involved.

Pro-life is a misnomer. Their correct label should be anti-choice, but saying that you're against people making up their own minds doesn't read as well.

In contrast, I know many people who are pro-choice who would definitely not choose to have an abortion (under any conceivable circumstances) themselves. They do, however, recognize that they really don't have the right to legislate that no one else should have one either, and that this is possibly one of the most difficult and personal choices that anyone could face.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not what you're saying. It's what you're failing to say. Why, for example, haven't you denounced the strange way that Americans leave the tea bag in the cup when they drink hot tea? That's suspicious, and even though you haven't expressed an opinion on the subject, I'm going to imply that you've done so intentionally because you secretly leave the teabag in the cup when you drink tea, too! (bear with me, I'm building to a point)

And because you secretly drink tea with the tea bag floating around in the cup AND you train in MMA, which we've previously established is solely an American invention, I conclude that you're not a British woman. Rather, you are... an AMERICAN. You might live in Britain, but you're secretly an American loving American. Admit it.

At this point frankly if I were an American I'd shoot myself!! You are talking sacrilege here!
Teabag in a cup, dear lord, wash your mouth out, it goes in a teapot for crying out loud! Why are you mistreating teabags so badly, do you suspect them of being lefties, gasp..whisper it...communists! It's a CIA plot, everything is America's fault, they just think they are the world's police force. Please I beg everyone put your teabag in a teapot...better still use tea leaves, whichever though warm the pot first, listen to the voice of the British Empire ,we always know best, nanny says so!

Oh and use china cups and the milk goes in last!! You have been warned.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
At this point frankly if I were an American I'd shoot myself!! You are talking sacrilege here!
Teabag in a cup, dear lord, wash your mouth out, it goes in a teapot for crying out loud! Why are you mistreating teabags so badly, do you suspect them of being lefties, gasp..whisper it...communists! It's a CIA plot, everything is America's fault, they just think they are the world's police force. Please I beg everyone put your teabag in a teapot...better still use tea leaves, whichever though warm the pot first, listen to the voice of the British Empire ,we always know best, nanny says so!

Oh and use china cups and the milk goes in last!! You have been warned.

You use a TEA BAG...and MILK... BLASPHEMER!!!!!

Loose tea and hot water ONLY...It's the Chinese way...oh wait...does this mean I'm not an American and I am :uhoh: secretly a Chinese loving Chinese

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You use a TEA BAG...and MILK... BLASPHEMER!!!!!

Loose tea and hot water ONLY...It's the Chinese way...oh wait...does this mean I'm not an American and I am :uhoh: secretly a Chinese loving Chinese

No I drink all my tea black and green without milk. I'm a man loving English woman. :ultracool

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't drink tea at all. Probably not a hanging offence in England anymore, though I suspect I could be in for an old fashioned "tarring and feathering" if it were to get out... ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't drink tea at all. Probably not a hanging offence in England anymore, though I suspect I could be in for an old fashioned "tarring and feathering" if it were to get out... ;)

It's a matter of taste and preferance what you drink but while England is portrayed as a tea drinking country in fast it wasn't as prevalent as people assume. Tea was always very expensive, only the rich drank it, the poor had to do with ale (water was undrinkable). Coffee is probably drunk as much if not more than tea, and it's been like that a long time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_coffeehouses_in_the_seventeenth_and_eighteenth_centuries

One reason why discussion is always good...things are not always as portrayed by the media and stereotyping!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Only Americans drink good coffee. So, if you drink coffee, it's either really crappy coffee or you're secretly American. In my opinion.

On another note, what do Brits think of tea out of a Keurig machine? Are those popular over there in Old America... err... I mean Britain? My wife bought me one as a gift, and I love it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only Americans drink good coffee. So, if you drink coffee, it's either really crappy coffee or you're secretly American. In my opinion.

On another note, what do Brits think of tea out of a Keurig machine? Are those popular over there in Old America... err... I mean Britain? My wife bought me one as a gift, and I love it.

What's one of them? I use a cafetiere to make coffee. Btw I think you live in New Britian as oppped to us in Old America lol, after all we have all the originals, York, Boston, Richmond etc.

American coffee is European coffee really but we have the Arabs to thank for it really.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_coffee

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What's one of them? I use a cafetiere to make coffee. Btw I think you live in New Britian as oppped to us in Old America lol, after all we have all the originals, York, Boston, Richmond etc.

American coffee is European coffee really but we have the Arabs to thank for it really.
Revisionist history and I'll have none of it! :D

Where in Britain is Seattle? Los Angeles? Austin? That's right! Only in America. For Pete's sake, you guys still play Soccer!

The Keurig machine is cool. :)

http://www.keurig.com/

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's a matter of taste and preferance what you drink but while England is portrayed as a tea drinking country in fast it wasn't as prevalent as people assume. Tea was always very expensive, only the rich drank it, the poor had to do with ale (water was undrinkable). Coffee is probably drunk as much if not more than tea, and it's been like that a long time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_coffeehouses_in_the_seventeenth_and_eighteenth_centuries

One reason why discussion is always good...things are not always as portrayed by the media and stereotyping!

This may be true, but this portrayal was perpetrated on my not only by media stereotyping but also by my British dad, stepmom, and their families still in England. ;) All of whom are heavy tea drinkers... though my dad's family would definitely identify themselves as "of the aristocracy" if pressed.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Revisionist history and I'll have none of it! :D

Where in Britain is Seattle? Los Angeles? Austin? That's right! Only in America. For Pete's sake, you guys still play Soccer!

Latest Discussions