Musical Forms

OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You've got to stop people from doing that 'one strike then stop' thing real early. Easiest way to is to spar them and give them an easy hit. When they stop, unload on them. They'll get the message soon enough :D

Cthulhu

I

IFAJKD

its not the idea that they use one strike and stop, but more that many times a specific strike is tt as an absolute and that it WILL do such and such. That mentality that one strike will stop an oponent is a set up for a bad day. Kinda like fighting multiple opponents being taught as realistic and then striking from one to the other. The people teaching this have never been in that situation. It doesn't go like that as a rule. OR :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: empty hand defense against a knife. .......odds anorexic at best Usually this is further "justified " by a statement like..."oh, you will get cut but you give that up to get to this" ever seen a knife cut from a fight...?????you get laid open like a book. :soapbox: ok. I'll stop...I could go on but hey...it's late

R

Rob_Broad

Even Musical Forms have a place in the martial arts. Mainly they attract people becaus eof the flash and then people get introduced to the rest of the stuff in the arts like traditional kata.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rob_Broad

Even Musical Forms have a place in the martial arts. Mainly they attract people becaus eof the flash and then people get introduced to the rest of the stuff in the arts like traditional kata.

I'm not particularly a fan of musical forms, but some can be very impressive to me, in the sports sense at least. I train sometimes with music, mostly very heavy music, but I like doing forms while blaring music, so I guess thats kinda liek a musical form, right?

7sm

Latest Discussions