moving up in rank to the higher echelon

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
last year around this time went to check out a new school they opened around my pad learned of it through a flyer , its said 2 free classes - so i went. ive been working out for a couple of years solo - so in my head im like go interact its been awhile ...

class went like this

stretch for about 15 - 20 mins.

then practiced back kicks for 20 mins.

then the class goes into escrima for 20 mins.

stretch 5 mins.

class was over ? i was like what ?

the back kick session was great the escrima was sick also the teacher was a cool guy after class we chopped it up a lil bit about each others backgrounds etc.

he was 5th degree

i never went back for my second free lesson , i sensed a bit of tension ( but not cause of the tension did i not go back ) he had nothing but green belts under him blues purple & oranges - they were alrite...

( i do more by myself when i train : one of the reason i didnt go back )

well the other day i go to the store and see another flyer by the same cat promoting his school 2 free lessons and at the bottom and along with his credentials it said 8 th degree ?

im not saying the guy dont deserve it ... cause just by the way he moves you know he´d tear your face off hes also like a ex muay thai champ. military & jujitsu guy.

last year 5th this year 8th ?

:knight2:

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, I guess now days...very common to see people promote themselves.....

If it is your own business (MA school) ...One can claim any title!

Aloha, ....my title ( one who fishes) C-level, four hooks and one line...waiting to get to three hooks...few more months to go...

kingkong89

Green Belt
Reaction score
Its not uncommon today for many black belts to be promoted rather fast for small reasons i know of one who went from first degree to thrid because she took over anothers school

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Rank insecurity, I guess? It's just not enough to be a BB. This is equally as bad as people expecting BB's to fly.

The attitude is either that BB's are super human and never make a mistake or the attitude that plain ole bb is not enough, you gotta be a 17th degree to have any credibility.

:)

Go ahead. Look down on me. I'm only a 3rd degree! LOL! Alas. I feel very inadequate. (jk)

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If you train hard with your soul and body (really hard, not just class everynight) I can imagen that some go faster than others.

I have no connection to the system so I don't know how hard it is to level up..
Maybe he was already training to be 6th, but you just met him 2 nights away from his exam.. Who knows?

Latest Discussions