Introduction to Kajukenbo!

Shinobi Teikiatsu

Green Belt
Reaction score
After some feeling some dissidence between myself and my current school on the way training should be conducted, I felt it was time to move on, and began looking around. As I posted in a thread a few months ago, I came across this Kajukenbo school near my house that had always seemed rather popular, but never really caught my attention.

Then one night, while I was running around with some buddies of mine, I saw the sign again and something compelled me to look it up, and I began exchanging emails with the instructor, who invited me to attend a few free classes.

I fell in love, instantly. The art has everything, a powerful self-defense aspect taught with a healthy sports approach, a teacher who cares deeply for his students and has a very individual way of teaching, and the art itself is so much more beautiful than I could have imagined, and I began to appreciate kata so much more upon seeing those practiced and then their subsequent applications in a technique.

Basically the point of this thread is to say...

I'm a Kajukenbo student!

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Good for you and congrats on finding a good school and more importantly a good teacher. I had never heard of Kajukenbo before joining this board and it seems like a very good art to be a part of.

Michael

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
After some feeling some dissidence between myself and my current school on the way training should be conducted, I felt it was time to move on, and began looking around. As I posted in a thread a few months ago, I came across this Kajukenbo school near my house that had always seemed rather popular, but never really caught my attention.

Then one night, while I was running around with some buddies of mine, I saw the sign again and something compelled me to look it up, and I began exchanging emails with the instructor, who invited me to attend a few free classes.

I fell in love, instantly.

Sheesh, I thought you meant you fell in love with the instructor and that this had blossomed from a few emails to some sort of "love at first sight thingy"!
Nah, I'm just kidding, good to hear you've found a winner - I've never come across this style before! Will have to google it.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations!
icon14.gif

Gaius Julius Caesar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Great for you!

I used to read about Kajukenbo and was allways interested in it, seemed like a good blend of ranges and styles with a realistic outlook.

I got to attend a few hours of Kajukenbo training at Jujutsu USA years ago and was very impressed.

It is a great thing to find yourself at home in with a art.

Good luck and Shugyo!

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

I fell in love, instantly. The art has everything, a powerful self-defense aspect taught with a healthy sports approach, a teacher who cares deeply for his students and has a very individual way of teaching, and the art itself is so much more beautiful than I could have imagined, and I began to appreciate kata so much more upon seeing those practiced and then their subsequent applications in a technique.

Basically the point of this thread is to say...

I'm a Kajukenbo student!

Congratulations to you. I happen to share your enthusiasm for that art! Who is you instructor and his instructor? Good luck to you

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
dude, happened to me a few month back, and i feel your WOW

Kaju has everythig, strikes, kicks, joint locks, throws, and a rich, ALIVE history based on REAL SELF DFENSE

I love my new art.

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
I also have strongly been considering supplementing my training with Kaju.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Our Professor came from Kajukenbo before opening his own system call Universal Kempo-Karate Schools.

Great stuffs.....took some time off of training for now..maybe one day this one may go back? ..

Aloha,

dianhsuhe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good choice! Great "Ohana" style atmosphere.

Good luck with your training and keep us posted- Now we are cousins!

Latest Discussions