Movin' On

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck in Toronto! It is a great city. My wife is originally from there and we go back there every few years-she says she feels like a salmon, she needs to go back.

Congratulations on your marriage!

Miles

modarnis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Brian,

All the best to you and yours. I guess I won't be seeing you in Michigan in June? You should touch base with Brian Z. He's been up to Toronto area several times for seminars. Sounds like a pretty nice group up there. I met a couple of the guys a few years back in Houston.

Be well

Brett

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck in Toronto! It is a great city. My wife is originally from there and we go back there every few years-she says she feels like a salmon, she needs to go back.

Congratulations on your marriage!

Miles

Miles,

Thanks for the wishes and you are right; Toronto is a GREAT city. Sure it has the downside of traffic congestion and all that but the positives sure outweigh the negatives.....most importantly, my wife's family is in the area and they are nice folks.

Take care,
Brian

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Brian,

All the best to you and yours. I guess I won't be seeing you in Michigan in June? You should touch base with Brian Z. He's been up to Toronto area several times for seminars. Sounds like a pretty nice group up there. I met a couple of the guys a few years back in Houston.

Be well

Brett

Hi Brett,

I'm not entirely sure about the Michigan camp. One thing for sure....when I get settled in, I will get back into the swing of things as far as camps and seminars are concerned. I have met the Toronto arnis guys and they are great folks. They are excited about me being in the area as they don't have any Modern Arnis instructors. Am looking forward to starting a training group up there.

Take care,
Brian

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Brett,

I'm not entirely sure about the Michigan camp. One thing for sure....when I get settled in, I will get back into the swing of things as far as camps and seminars are concerned. I have met the Toronto arnis guys and they are great folks. They are excited about me being in the area as they don't have any Modern Arnis instructors. Am looking forward to starting a training group up there.

Take care,
Brian

Brian,

Now this is good news. Best wishes to you and your future group. :) :D

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Brian,

Now this is good news. Best wishes to you and your future group. :) :D

Thanks, Rich, I appreciate the kind words. I look forward to continuing my training once I get up there. There are a couple of good guys (very good people) who are excited about my move up there. One of them has told me that I should go through the Polar Bear Dip ritual in order to be accepted up there !! If I'm gonna do that, I need to fortify myself with mucho Canadian beer !:drinkbeer

Take care,
Brian

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, Rich, I appreciate the kind words. I look forward to continuing my training once I get up there. There are a couple of good guys (very good people) who are excited about my move up there. One of them has told me that I should go through the Polar Bear Dip ritual in order to be accepted up there !! If I'm gonna do that, I need to fortify myself with mucho Canadian beer !:drinkbeer

Take care,
Brian

The polar Bear ritual is not that bad. (* Still remembers swimming in Higgins Lake - Natural Spring fed - is late winter early spring. *)

And Good Canadian Beer is always in order.

Make sure you try some if this stuff out: http://www.creemoresprings.com/live/perfect_ourBrewery.php

I and my beer snob type friends (* aka prefer beer of mixed drinks *) like it alot. It is also in a nice published book about some of the best beers from around the world. So it is recognized by others as being good or passable.

Latest Discussions