Movie Star Top Trumps!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My late friend and I use to have this long debate whenever alcohol was present in our systems about a match between Jean Claude VanDame -vs- Segal...

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
My late friend and I use to have this long debate whenever alcohol was present in our systems about a match between Jean Claude VanDame -vs- Segal...

I fear the man with the weird running style would eat the Muscles from Brussels alive.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SPOILER - ULTRAVIOLET

Slowing down time *pfht* that's OLD school now Yeti! Haven't you seen Ultraviolet? They hide swords in heavily compacted space, Violet can dodge bullets FASTER than Neo can, and hundreds of blokes all at once is childsplay for her..... that sounded so wrong.... and all this while she's feeling poorly.
Remo Willams Trumps them all! or Joel Grey; either one.
Sean

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Quite right, tradrockrat :tup:

Oh and kudos to Jim777 for quick wit there {I hope :eek: :lol:}

A bit of a broadcast technical question here but does anyone know what rank Segal possesses? I don't mean Net/Filmic 'legend' but proper information?

I ask because, from his films, what I see impresses me just as much as seasoned HK veterans (like the ever-worshipped Jackie Chan or Cynthia Rothrock) but as I have no aikido experience I can't really judge.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I fear the man with the weird running style would eat the Muscles from Brussels alive.

Alas and alack I use to think that JCVD could take Segal...Forgive my ignorance...Mr. Bill ( my late friend) is up there enjoying the fact that I am admitting my stupidity...

pankration

White Belt
Reaction score
Alas and alack I use to think that JCVD could take Segal...Forgive my ignorance...Mr. Bill ( my late friend) is up there enjoying the fact that I am admitting my stupidity...

Segal trained in Japan and was the first non-Japanese to reach his rank. In his youth, he was the real deal. Jean Claude was a bodybuilder with some kickboxing experience. Not in the same class. Segal in about 40 seconds.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mila Jovovich can probably make your heart stop by saying "You are all going to die!" in the same tone she used at the end of Ultraviolet. That was funny, after killing several hundred stormtroopers she still sounds like an eleven year old girl who has cracked a nail :lfao:

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Quite right, tradrockrat :tup:

Oh and kudos to Jim777 for quick wit there {I hope :eek: :lol:}

A bit of a broadcast technical question here but does anyone know what rank Segal possesses? I don't mean Net/Filmic 'legend' but proper information?

I ask because, from his films, what I see impresses me just as much as seasoned HK veterans (like the ever-worshipped Jackie Chan or Cynthia Rothrock) but as I have no aikido experience I can't really judge.

Yeah, I was alluding to Carradine getting the part of Kwai Chang Cane over Mr. Lee back in the day :)

My understanding of Segal's chops are like everyone else's, he was discovered as an Aikido master in Japan, not sniffing for scripts in Hollywood. I've looked around and all I can find is 7th Dan for Segal.

Hey Drac, sorry about your buddy, but hopefully this brought back some good memories at least :)

jim

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
How long do you think that pretty boy Keanu Reeves would last with Segal?????...Surfs up Dude...Uh-Oh wipeout...

Segal would have to catch Keanu first. Segal was cool back in the day, but he is as big as a couch these days.

10,000 Hit Combo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
When Segal Kills a ninja, he only takes it's hide. When Chuck Norris kills a ninja he uses the whole thing.

Bruce Lee just has to flex and everyone will scream and run.

*Sigh*
You can't beat Chuck. What are you going to do? Bleed on him? He could kick Jet Li inside-out.

Latest Discussions