Motivation has taken a knock - inches away from quitting

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Must admit that growing up in blighty, I was told that traditional tea that we drink at least, doe have more caffeine than tea. I have pretty much subscribed to that viewpoint, however wrong I am then. I would like to try some Russian tea with the traditional round thingy in the glass.

It is possible, but you are using rather large amount of tea to make one cup.

The confusion comes from the pound of tea vs. a pound of coffee. There is a lot more caffeine in a pound of tea than a pond of coffee but you use considerably less tea to make a cup/pot of tea than you do a cup/pot of coffee. Also you grind coffee which makes a difference

Russian tea has a strong flavor, but if it is the Russian tea I know it is smoked and that is what makes it taste strong, not so much the level of Caffeine. Try some Lapsang souchong... and is sometimes referred to as Russian Caravan tea and it is smoked because in the old days of the caravans it was kept near the fires at night and it picked up and incredibly smoky flavor

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is possible, but you are using rather large amount of tea to make one cup.

The confusion comes from the pound of tea vs. a pound of coffee. There is a lot more caffeine in a pound of tea than a pond of coffee but you use considerably less tea to make a cup/pot of tea than you do a cup/pot of coffee. Also you grind coffee which makes a difference

Russian tea has a strong flavor, but if it is the Russian tea I know it is smoked and that is what makes it taste strong, not so much the level of Caffeine. Try some Lapsang souchong... and is sometimes referred to as Russian Caravan tea and it is smoked because in the old days of the caravans it was kept near the fires at night and it picked up and incredibly smoky flavor

Thanks. I will take that :)

dmax999

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Eight months ago I started back up after my illness. A year of chemotherapy where I could barely stay awake for half an hour and getting out of bed was very difficult, plus radiation and surgery.

I started back with Tai Chi only and was winded from just doing that alone in high stances (that means easy level). After a month of that, tried getting back into Kung-Fu and had the same issues as you. I did what I could and kept trying. Now I think I am in better shape than before I had cancer treatment. My secret weapon is when I feel like giving up I just think back to not being able to get out of bed and push myself.

However, if you are over heating and your head feels real warm and the room starts spinning take a break and have some water. Don't drop over from heat stroke, which it sounds like you are having. If I can get back after what I went through anyone can.