Most effective martial art for survival and self preservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This article that nobody can see.
Everyone but you apparently. What is your military experience? Were you involved in developing Modern Army Combatives? Did you participate in the trials with the Gracie family? Have you competed in a military tournament?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Everyone but you apparently. What is your military experience? Were you involved in developing Modern Army Combatives? Did you participate in the trials with the Gracie family? Have you competed in a military tournament?
All your answers are on google apparently.

And this is why I always recommend an evidence based system over an appeal to authority based system.

Because questions are not met with answers. Answers are not met with evidence and evidence doesn't have sources.

It is important to be able to objectively discern truth from fiction in martial arts.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All your answers are on google apparently.
Not at all. Feel free to contact the JFK Special Warfare School.
And this is why I always recommend an evidence based system over an appeal to authority based system.
Then stop appealing to authority then. You brought up the organizations that you believed were teaching MMA in an effort to show superiority by their “authority”.
Because questions are not met with answers. Answers are not met with evidence and evidence doesn't have sources
You just don’t like the answers. You can’t understand the evidence because you haven’t lived the experiment.
It is important to be able to objectively discern truth from fiction in martial arts.
Which you obviously can’t do because of your bias.

Now please answer my questions.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then stop appealing to authority then. You brought up the organizations that you believed were teaching MMA in an effort to show superiority by their “authority”.
So the statistics for the adopt a cop program.

A video of army combatives showing their sports based training.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your statistics doesn’t prove that BJJ is the superior system.

Stop deflecting and answer the questions.
Well they make a better case for BJJ than you have for whatever you are trying to make a case for.

Because so far the evidence you have provided is just you getting all angry and defensive.

Which is a terrible look by the way.

Which would move us in to red flags for martial arts schools.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they make a better case for BJJ than you have for whatever you are trying to make a case for.
It doesn’t make a case for BJJ at all. It could be any defense system and there would be less use of non lethal tools.
Because so far the evidence you have provided is just you getting all angry and defensive.
So far the evidence that I have provided is from first hand experience. Please answer the questions.
Which is a terrible look by the way.
Stop projecting.
Which would move us in to red flags for martial arts schools.
Which is why all of your statements are dubious. Please answer the questions.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It doesn’t make a case for BJJ at all. It could be any defense system and there would be less use of non lethal tools.

So far the evidence that I have provided is from first hand experience. Please answer the questions.

Stop projecting.

Which is why all of your statements are dubious. Please answer the questions.
So. Red flags for martial arts.

Once we get past the horrific mal adjusted psycos. We move in to the concept of evidence and scientific method.

Evidence of first hand experience can quite simply be made up. The advantage of first hand experience should be you know how to look for objective evidence.

So like that BJJ study. I knew about the program. I knew that it helps police. So I knew where to find the statistics.

If someone was to make the claim that the same results would occur from any system. The onus would be on them to find evidence of that.

So to find a real world effective system of self defence you would need to find a system that doesn't just get angry at you for expecting them to reasonably demonstrate their methods.

Because that would be closer to a cult.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So how do we know if a martial arts is going to use evidence rather than authority and anger?

The layman's concept is aliveness.

Without understanding the art. Or having to know the resume of the instructor. You can see if the art kind of works. By whether or not. People use it to win the situations they are placed in.

You can also perform these tests yourself. And see if they work.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidence of first hand experience can quite simply be made up. The advantage of first hand experience should be you know how to look for objective evidence.
Not when you have documents to support the experience. I do. Do you?
So like that BJJ study. I knew about the program. I knew that it helps police. So I knew where to find the statistics.
I’m glad that BJJ helped that department. Again, any MA would have helped. Statistics are rarely correct.
If someone was to make the claim that the same results would occur from any system. The onus would be on them to find evidence of that.
You have yet to provide any real evidence. In order for your statistics to be valid from your perspective, an equal number of officers would have to be trained in another MA and the results compared. I have done this. Have you? Yes, it is documented.
So to find a real world effective system of self defence you would need to find a system that doesn't just get angry at you for expecting them to reasonably demonstrate their methods.
You are the one that hasn’t demonstrated your methods. Did you defend yourself successfully in a combat environment? Did you witness someone else defend themselves in a combat environment? Please answer my questions unless you want to continue to appeal to authority.
Because that would be closer to a cult.
This seems to be your mentality. Thanks for clearing that up.

Please answer the questions.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how do we know if a martial arts is going to use evidence rather than authority and anger?

The layman's concept is aliveness.

Without understanding the art. Or having to know the resume of the instructor. You can see if the art kind of works. By whether or not. People use it to win the situations they are placed in.

You can also perform these tests yourself. And see if they work.
Which I have.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not when you have documents to support the experience. I do. Do you?

I’m glad that BJJ helped that department. Again, any MA would have helped. Statistics are rarely correct.

You have yet to provide any real evidence. In order for your statistics to be valid from your perspective, an equal number of officers would have to be trained in another MA and the results compared. I have done this. Have you? Yes, it is documented.

You are the one that hasn’t demonstrated your methods. Did you defend yourself successfully in a combat environment? Did you witness someone else defend themselves in a combat environment? Please answer my questions unless you want to continue to appeal to authority.

This seems to be your mentality. Thanks for clearing that up.

Please answer the questions.
Could you produce and of those documents or evidence or anything really?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, you are a liar. Please let me know where you would like to meet so that you can review my records.

No. That isn't how that works you either have to prove I am a liar. Or dismiss my assertions I have without evidence.

We can go off the evidence we can see. And not go off the evidence we can't see. Then nobody is a liar.

And therefore we have worked our way back to the start. With the sources I have provided and the case I have made.

And at which point you haven't provided a source for the case you are making.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. That isn't how that works you either have to prove I am a liar. Or dismiss my assertions without evidence.

We can go off the evidence we can see. And not go off the evidence we can't see. Then nobody is a liar.

And therefore we have worked our way back to the start. With the sources I have provided and the case I have made.
You are a liar since you made claims without evidence. You intentionally avoided my question since they would expose your dishonesty. Your statistics are pointless as I have pointed out. Now, where would you like to meet to view my records?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You are a liar since you made claims without evidence. You intentionally avoided my question since they would expose your dishonesty. Your statistics are pointless as I have pointed out. Now, where would you like to meet to view my records?

All of your claims so far has been without evidence.

How about you join the 21 century and take a screen shot of them or something?

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of your claims so far has been without evidence.

How about you join the 21 century and take a screen shot of them or something?
A DD 214 contains personal information, or did you not know that? I am willing to provide mine in person. Please let me know where you would like to meet to exchange records.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A DD 214 contains personal information, or did you not know that? I am willing to provide mine in person. Please let me know where you would like to meet to exchange records.
Yeah. Sure let's grab a coffee at the fat frog in cannonvale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions