Most disgusting thing ever?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ever look at something and start leaning towards the "no" box on that "Is society worth savng" question?

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I was a military prosecutor during the Cold War, it sometimes seemed that every time you thought you'd seen the height of violence and depravity, some monster would turn up and commit something worse.

But you'd have to take a step back and realize the serial killers and racists are not the norm, indeed not even a large minority. If you pull back and get some background you see the numbers of honest and good people far outnumber the truly evil ones.

Once as court calendars were ending for the day, a judge who's a good friend was complaining about a loud and stupid person who'd disrupted his court and ruined his entire day. I asked how many people came before him that day and he said about 36. I asked who else was a troublemaker and he said none, several were actually grateful - one came up to shake his hand - it was great helping some others who needed justice..... and he then realized that most of his day was fine, giving justice to worthy people. Think about that next time you're ready to turn out the lights on the USA.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was a military prosecutor during the Cold War, it sometimes seemed that every time you thought you'd seen the height of violence and depravity, some monster would turn up and commit something worse.

But you'd have to take a step back and realize the serial killers and racists are not the norm, indeed not even a large minority. If you pull back and get some background you see the numbers of honest and good people far outnumber the truly evil ones.

Once as court calendars were ending for the day, a judge who's a good friend was complaining about a loud and stupid person who'd disrupted his court and ruined his entire day. I asked how many people came before him that day and he said about 36. I asked who else was a troublemaker and he said none, several were actually grateful - one came up to shake his hand - it was great helping some others who needed justice..... and he then realized that most of his day was fine, giving justice to worthy people. Think about that next time you're ready to turn out the lights on the USA.
Great tip on how to handle this...

Even for those of us who don't end up with a balance like that -- it's the exceptions that we look to when we need to keep going. Like the day a little boy of about 4 or 5 walked up to me and told me that I was his friend, "because police men are our friends."

Imua Kuntao

Green Belt
Reaction score
The majority of these cases come from people who do have a clinical mental problems (clinically depressed sometimes with psychosis) or something along those lines. It just isnt normal. I have seen homes where they have the legal limit of dogs inside the house, they smell awful. The legal limit here is 8 dogs. I haven't kept up with all laws, I think they should be outside.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You think that says something about people's values these days?

It says something, I don't know what..In the driveway of most of the nasty houses I have been too there was a BRAND NEW Caddy, Lexus or Lincoln...