More attempted bombings in London...

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
They said only the detonators went off and one was supposed to be a nail-bomb.
The police have actually captured one bomber already (or so they think so far).
They found him in the hospital.
No fatal casualties this time,thank God.

K

kenpochad

icon8.gif
said

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been watching this all day on CNN and there aren't any new developments yet.

I don't understand why, if they want to try to intimidate someone, they would choose the Brits. They are not a people who have, throughout history, allowed themselves to be intimidated by anyone. Then again, me not understanding how they think isn't a bad thing in my mind.....

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Gemini said:
I've been watching this all day on CNN and there aren't any new developments yet.

I don't understand why, if they want to try to intimidate someone, they would choose the Brits. They are not a people who have, throughout history, allowed themselves to be intimidated by anyone. Then again, me not understanding how they think isn't a bad thing in my mind.....
Even though it's failing as an intimidation tactic,it's sure making parliament lose it's mind.

Now they are talking about implimenting new laws already.
For instance:
Making it a crime to "leave" anything in public,even if it's by accident.
Since the first attack,there has been 300 items(backpacks,briefcases,purses,etc) left on trains,buses tubes and the such.
Making it illegal for anyone to go abroad to study.
They claim for the middle east and islamic studies only,but that can't be done unless it's done across the board.
Making a crime to visit any "terrorist" webites,including religious websites as well.Anything with bomb making or military sites and jumping all over people who just SAY anything "terrorist like".
So much for the freedom of speech.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
Even though it's failing as an intimidation tactic,it's sure making parliament lose it's mind.

Now they are talking about implimenting new laws already.
For instance:
Making it a crime to "leave" anything in public,even if it's by accident.
Since the first attack,there has been 300 items(backpacks,briefcases,purses,etc) left on trains,buses tubes and the such.
Making it illegal for anyone to go abroad to study.
They claim for the middle east and islamic studies only,but that can't be done unless it's done across the board.
Making a crime to visit any "terrorist" webites,including religious websites as well.Anything with bomb making or military sites and jumping all over people who just SAY anything "terrorist like".
So much for the freedom of speech.
Well ... so much for "I'm not afraid" .... :CTF:

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In NYC, starting tomorrow, the police will conduct "random" searches of backpacks, carry ons and purses. They will be following "certain criteria" in deciding who will be searched. The searches will be prilimarily before the turnbuckle, but they reserve the right to impliment it anywhere.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, It takes hard work to be good, honest, trustworthly, help-ful and just to be a good person.

It is so easy to lie , cheat, steal and be dishonest. Our bad people find it easlier to just kill man, woman and children, than try to make this a better world to live in.

Hardwork = helpling others = can equal = a more peacefull world !!!

...........spread the ALOHA............Aloha

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
That was what I thought, yeah. Must be scary over there right now.
Ya know what? I would probably be one of the first ones to post a pic saying we are not afraid but truthfully, inside, I would be quivering and looking at everyone with a back pack in a different way.

As a parent I worry everytime my children leave my home, I can only imagine the uncertainty that this has placed in the hearts of the millions of british citizens.

Cheers to them for their courage, conviction and perseverence during these times. :cheers:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I'd talk tough too, but I have two kids and I'd be worried. Even here in the States it's reassuring to know that I live in the middle of nowhere--an unlikely target for anything.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nalia said:
Ya know what? I would probably be one of the first ones to post a pic saying we are not afraid but truthfully, inside, I would be quivering and looking at everyone with a back pack in a different way.

As a parent I worry everytime my children leave my home, I can only imagine the uncertainty that this has placed in the hearts of the millions of british citizens.

Cheers to them for their courage, conviction and perseverence during these times. :cheers:
Amen. :asian:

Latest Discussions