Moo Yea Do ?

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was watching a show called Final Fu the other night, and one of the contestants was a practioner of this style. Before then I had never heard of it, and thought it would be a laugh. However the Moo Yea Do proponent represented the style very well. I would like to get some info on this style, ie:what are its roots, where did it come from, etc.. Thanks to all who take the time to assist.

PEACE
1stJohn1:9

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this on Google http://www.mooyeado.net/

I like the fact the founder has a personal 'storey'! imagine a whole floor to ones self!
Other than this site I've never heard of it before. It could be impressive though as the founder has done the standing under icy waterfall thing.

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've never heard of it.

I wonder what the forms look like. Are they TKD or something of his own creation?
I like the fact the he posts the testing requirements. A lot of places don't.

Looks like a solid traditional school. I think a person could do worse.

Mark

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
His World Headquarters was around the corner from the University I went to for undergrad. I rented a room in a place just down the street from him, and stopped in often to chat, compare notes, etc. Interesting cat.

Has a set of makiwara knuckles that look like walnut shell halves have been surgically implanted under the skin. Loves to show off his breaking skill, too (at least, he did in 1992-ish). For anyone who doubts the ability of a human to break river rock with their bare hands, he often had a stack of stones in the studio. Of course, he couldn't open his hands very far, and cold days sucked for him.

Very elementary, TKD-based style. Added boxing, and some yudo, some weapons that looked good in tournaments. Nothing really new, but he did train like a madman and got really goood att doing his own thing. One of those guys you just say, "I'll tell you what...if you don't think he's a master, go kick his butt and take that belt right off of him". But make sure your health insurance is paid up first, cuz you'll need it.

Big ego, not uncommon in the Korean masters; lot of time spent in discussion is spent listening to his puffery. But he's also willing to put his money where his mouth was. In a second. Good place to spend an afternoon break from studies.

D.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok if he is so scary why have I not heard of him? I have been around forever and really know alot of people like Al Bundy and Homer Simpson.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok if he is so scary why have I not heard of him? I have been around forever and really know alot of people like Al Bundy and Homer Simpson.

The answer is contained in the unspoken premise of the question itself. Mebbe not as around as you might be apt to think? Just sayin'...

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"The tough training paid off as he served his country as Lieutenant and chief instructor of Tae Kwon Do, to the Vietnam West Point Academy"
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]
Huh?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]
[/FONT]

SabumJoe

White Belt
Reaction score
I was watching a show called Final Fu the other night, and one of the contestants was a practioner of this style. Before then I had never heard of it, and thought it would be a laugh. However the Moo Yea Do proponent represented the style very well. I would like to get some info on this style, ie:what are its roots, where did it come from, etc.. Thanks to all who take the time to assist.

PEACE
1stJohn1:9

I'm a black belt in Moo Yea-Do. I've been doing it for ten years. The Moo Yea-Do website is mostly background about World Grandmaster Tiger Yang, rather than about the art itself. Moo Yea-Do is focused on the betterment of the individual, which will eventually better the society. It works on training both your mind and body, as all martial arts do. Grandmaster Tiger Hand explained Moo Yea-Do as 'having the hardness of Karate, the flowing of Kung Fu, and the lucidity of Tai Chi.' I paraphrase because I can't remember the exact quote, but, yeah. Grandmaster Tiger Hand is the founder of Moo Yea-Do, and is also a ninth degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, taught to him, mainly, by his father since age six, along with his other siblings. Grandmaster said himself that he thought his grandfather was a better martial artist than his father. Which is irrelevant, but I thought it was kinda funny.

Latest Discussions