Modifying Forms

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess

Ohhh Let me at you~!! Blue belt~! *growls low in throat***

Are you kidding? It sounds like meowing to me. Blue belts can barely open their eyes at this point!:burp:

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo

Are you kidding? It sounds like meowing to me. Blue belts can barely open their eyes at this point!:burp:

Maybe blue belts can't open their eyes.. This Lass 'sees' with her eyes closed.. *winks*

S

Stick Dummy

Tess,

Remember the classic lines from the Addams (#2 movie?) kids at summer camp during lifeguarding/water safety

"I'll be the Victim" by the budding blonde bimbette

And like Wednsday said

"All of you life..........."

Class tonight??

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stick Dummy

Tess,

Remember the classic lines from the Addams (#2 movie?) kids at summer camp during lifeguarding/water safety

"I'll be the Victim" by the budding blonde bimbette

And like Wednsday said

"All of you life..........."

Class tonight??

Hahaha Yeah Pete.. I do recall that one.. Too True~!!!
Yeppers.. Class tonight :) None tomorrow as Seig's got the 12 hour.. Lucky him.. NOT

See ya tonight~!
Oh yeah.. you are 'hired' to do some stick work on him.. He's been having much to much fun 'poking' me hahahaaa

R

RCastillo

Hey Ricardo.. Come on up.. I need an Uki.. I'm working on Long 4 .. *diabolical grin*

Why do I sense a trap???:eek:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Stick Dummy

Nah,

You're just justifiably PARANOID!

Hey. Mr. Stick, don't let Tess set me up as one of your targets. I'll meet her price, and then some! Let the bidding begin!:eek:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

Man, you are going to get me hurt for sure:rofl:

No worries, us 3rd Dans stick together! Dogs, or no dogs!:samurai:

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

That's right! The cat is deadly! :roflmao:

*narrows eyes.. Tossing arms in air..MEN~!!!!!

Hey Pete.. if you're here reading this and chuckling.. great workout tonight~.. how come Seig always calls line up when it's our turn to spar though??

Adding balls and pads to my wish list :)

I guess I could work on Long 4 all day and night tomorrow.. with Seig going off on a 12 hour.. some 4th !~
oh well..
I hope you all have a happy safe one.. :)
yeah even you Ricardo.. :)

Signed.. The Cat..

B

big351stang

poke poke poke

oh and by the way poke.

hey any time you ask for your APD i bring it. do it not???

whats this needing a person to work w/ were am i durring all this. oh wait thats right im there too, im the one beside you that cant figure this out.

whats wrong w/ the jump spinning kicks i like them just fine thank you very much.

Pete my be an old man but he is on w/ a lot of spunk. my hats off to you!

R

RCastillo

That's right! The cat is deadly! :roflmao:

Right, that's cause all cats are psycho! After all dogs are mans best friend!:D

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
*narrows eyes.. Tossing arms in air..MEN~!!!!!

Adding balls and pads to my wish list :)

yeah, the eyes are watching even you Ricardo.. !)

Signed.. The Cat..

Attachments

• $eyes.jpg.jpg
    $eyes.jpg.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 98
R

rmcrobertson

I don't know if this'll help, but in the kneel stances there shouldn't be a great deal of pressure on your knees. Is it that you've problems with flexing them?

One thing I'd suggests, if it helps, is that you check your posture--maybe even turn sideways to a mirror to see whether your back's straight and your chin is up. Also, maybe, look to seee if the upper body's being held rigidly. Mostly, it's been my (limited, admittedly) experience that students having trouble with the kneels are a) slumping with their chin down, b) tightening the upper torso a lot.

Again, I don't know if this is even the problem. But I'm 49, I have mildly-arthritic knees on X-ray (running down hills in grad school, I suspect), and my right knee has improved drastically since kenpo. And I hit pretty low stances, having been taught them by a woman who did a lot of ballet and is a foot shorter than I am. Just in case the weight distribution is the issue, try: for a right closed kneel, put your weight on the leading edge of the right foot and "pull" your hips forward a bit; the left thigh should be tensed. For a right wide kneel, just turn the knee out of course, but keep the left thigh tensed and the weight on the forward edge of the right foot.

Oh, one other thing. I avoid jumping kicks of any kind--and throughout late brown belt, I had intermittent problems with sore knees and heels that came from what appeared to be my love of stomping. It came to be my impression that brown belts love stomping--any chance that this, or landing jumping kicks on stiffened rather than bent knees, or lifting your feet off the mat in kata, is the problem?

Anyway, hope this helps. It's the pits when you're at the movies, or driving, and your knees start aching.

Latest Discussions