Modern Arnis Seminar in Columbus, Ohio

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Did you hear that? Rude Crude is gonna come and lay the crapdown on us! Whew, I can smell what the Rude Crude is cookin'......pew :rofl:

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Brother,

You better eat start taking your vitamin pills and start praying to the man upstairs.............be afraid, very afraid. You and Paul will not be a problem.:flame:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are you guys gonna be selling popcorn at the seminar? This sounds like it'll be fun to watch.

:toilclaw:

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
It oughtta be standing room only! I would like that. Would you like that Panzyass? If that happened, I'd even wear a feather boa! :D

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Brother,

You gonna pay for it now !!! You is in big trouble. Can you say "PAIN" because there's plenty of that coming your way.

:samurai:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll take that PAIN and.............shove it straight up your CANDYASS!! And THAT'S the BOTTOM LINE!:hammer:

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Watch it foo because you are going to foo !! You must foo after I'm through with you.:cuss:

On a more serious note, folks, I think that it's safe to say that Mao and I will be fostering the sort of family atmosphere that was so important to Professor. Along the way, we'll be having lots of fun too !!:D

WOOOO!!

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
It's true! We are very INclusionary. There's a guy named Russ Taff who wrote a song some years ago. One of the lines is "I don't care what banner you may wear. If you believe in Jesus you belong with me. The bond we share is all I care to see." I feel the same way about modern arnis. If we could all let the ego go, we'd be better off. It seems that in this forum we have made great strides in that direction. It appeared more evident when Susumu was spouting nonsense. Is it just me, or did many of us come together at that time? It's a strange thought that we might thank him for this. :shrug:

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I do agree that many of us, from the different organizations, have made strides in understanding each other's positions in the past several months on this forum. There are quite a few talented modern arnis players on this forum and I think that we should be getting along instead of bashing each other. All this bashing violates the memory of Professor Presas and we should refrain from it.

Besides, I wrote this post just so that I can get my orange belt !!

:cheers:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats., Whoop, on your orange belt. How cute. :p

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mao

It's true! We are very INclusionary. There's a guy named Russ Taff who wrote a song some years ago. One of the lines is "I don't care what banner you may wear. If you believe in Jesus you belong with me. The bond we share is all I care to see." I feel the same way about modern arnis. If we could all let the ego go, we'd be better off. It seems that in this forum we have made great strides in that direction. It appeared more evident when Susumu was spouting nonsense. Is it just me, or did many of us come together at that time? It's a strange thought that we might thank him for this. :shrug:

Funny huh? It takes a nutball or 2 for folks to realize, we all really want the same thing, and thats to preserve the art and the memories. We may disagree on the 'how' sometimes, but the core is still the same.

Originally posted by WhoopAss
I do agree that many of us, from the different organizations, have made strides in understanding each other's positions in the past several months on this forum. There are quite a few talented modern arnis players on this forum and I think that we should be getting along instead of bashing each other. All this bashing violates the memory of Professor Presas and we should refrain from it.

I second that. :)

:cheers:

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

As a reminder, Please check out Dan's one day seminar on May 18th. Dan (MAO) and Brian (WhoopAss) are good guys and zealous about sharing the Professor's art whether to beginners or to advanced martial artists.

Palusut

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Palusut,
Thank you for the kind words. Everyone who comes will get something that they need/can use. And of course they get to see Whoop and I whoop it up. :D

mao

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Palusut,

Thanks for the reminder. Mao and I are looking forward to having a good time on Saturday. Are you going to the Michigan camp ? In any case, hope to see you around soon !!

Take care.

:D

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
We'll have fun even if no one else shows up. Woooo.................

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renegade

How did it go Dan?

Us insomniac's want to know.

Oh yeah I am sure most others would like to hear
also.

Rich