Meet a new 3rd Dan

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Although I have already replied to Tom in private, I would like to post a response here.

I passed!!!!

Well, God only knows I tried everything I could to prevent this from happening. I sent every Black Belt available to fight you tooth and nail. I told all of the Masters to really come down hard on you, but you still made it anyway!

Next step....3 1/2 years from now, I'm elligible to test for 4th:ultracool

I don't know what we'll have to do about this next test. I guess I'll have to come out there to California, or you'll have to stop by Michigan, and you and I will just have to have it out. Sparring, self defense tactics, board breaking, grappling, weapons . . . real old-school stuff! Then we'll see if you can handle a 4th Dan test, my friend! :mst:

Congratulations Iceman! :asian:

Chief Master D.J. Eisenhart

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, God only knows I tried everything I could to prevent this from happening. I sent every Black Belt available to fight you tooth and nail. I told all of the Masters to really come down hard on you, but you still made it anyway!

Chief Master D.J. Eisenhart

Do I detect here the gruff voice of an exceedingly pleased mentor?....? :wink1:

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's fantastic news to start my week off with. Well done mate. (I haven't read to the end of the first page yet, let alone the whole thread but...) are you planning on writing a full report of your experience?

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do I detect here the gruff voice of an exceedingly pleased mentor?....? :wink1:

He's not a mentor, but certainly a faithful friend! CM Eisenhart & I have only met one time (at last year's Conference). He knows the people who tested me & what the test entailed VERY well. Since he wasn't there, he wants to give me a little taste of what would have happened had he been there.:ultracool

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
OK, enough of this happy talk ****, have you started training and getting ready for your 4th Dan test yet? If not, why not? The time will pass a lot quicker than you think. I think I can say "we" are all looking forward to how that is going. So.............................

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, enough of this happy talk ****, have you started training and getting ready for your 4th Dan test yet? If not, why not? The time will pass a lot quicker than you think. I think I can say "we" are all looking forward to how that is going. So.............................

:soapbox:

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Actually, I have. I learned one of the 4 new forms that I need to know at the Conference. I've already started my 3rd Dan goal portfollio that we use as well. Since my teaching time doubles as of this week, I'll have to ramp up my training time as well. I have pulled muscles in my right calf. But I will ignore the pain, Master Wade, & soldier thru it.:asian:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, I have. I learned one of the 4 new forms that I need to know at the Conference. I've already started my 3rd Dan goal portfollio that we use as well. Since my teaching time doubles as of this week, I'll have to ramp up my training time as well. I have pulled muscles in my right calf. But I will ignore the pain, Master Wade, & soldier thru it.:asian:

Tom get back to training and have fun

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on the big 3! I don't think I'll even be eligible for that test until I'm 70! LOL

Awesome work though, that's a lot of years of work and discipline. Enjoy!

jim

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually Iceman I would suggest you wrap the calf muscles tightly for a few days and take it easy on your kicks till it heals. If you do soldier through you could end up with a chronic injury that could affect you down the road. So, work harder slower. I am sure there are many things you can be working on while the calf is healing. Good luck.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually Iceman I would suggest you wrap the calf muscles tightly for a few days and take it easy on your kicks till it heals. If you do soldier through you could end up with a chronic injury that could affect you down the road. So, work harder slower. I am sure there are many things you can be working on while the calf is healing. Good luck.

Will do, sir. I have no desire to have a permenent problem.

Kwan Jang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Keeping healthy is the biggest step at this point for you to progress to mastery levels. I am glad that you are not resting on your laurels and are right back into training, though. that is really showing the "warrior spirit". Congrats on passing your test. Third dan was a great level for me as far as personal growth was concerned and has been so for several of my senior students.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Congrats, Tom!

A well deserved promotion for a dedicated TKD CDK devotee!

Keep us posted on your progress towards 4th!

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew