Meaning behind hand techniques & joon bi positions in Tae Guek & Yudanja poomsae

lifespantkd

Blue Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to read this over again, excellent post and right on subject. The Poomsaeseon, or Poomsae line is considered a cultural space where this "doing", "being in becoming" or "being" occurs.

When I first encountered Hofstede's description of "being in becoming" in Asian cultures (around sixteen years ago), I could not understand it. Practicing Taekwondo for many years taught me what it meant. An experientially inspired paradigm shift was required for me to comprehend this approach to human activity.

Cynthia

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
Thank you very much. That's the Korean language version of the I Ching, yes? I have found an english translation. Also, interestingly, searching for a definition of Yeokhak brings up:
  • Korean: 역학 (yeokhak) - Mechanics
  • dynamics
    mechanics
    epidemiology
    science of divination
It seems too be listed as a school subject next to Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.

Anyhoo, looks like I have some reading to to. See you in a month or so. Thanks again all.

Joyeok is the Korean pronunciation of I Ching, aka Book of Changes. Yeokhak is aka Science of Change.

Last edited: