Martial Arts|Types of Martial Arts!

kravmaga1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In Martial Arts beginners are introduced to basic attack responses, which comprise a larger system taught through scripted scenarios, which allow top notch instructors a platform to share concepts and principles. Steps of Martial Arts are:

1. Felling:- It is to knock an opponent off his feet (e.g. throwing, pulling, or shoving)
  2. Striking:- It is to use of any part of the arms (e.g. elbows, open or closed hand, or forearms)
  3. Kicking:- It is to use of any part of the leg (e.g. shin, foot, and knee )
  4. Grappling:- It is to clutch or grip (e.g. holding, wrestling, or locking joints).

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In Martial Arts beginners are introduced to basic attack responses, which comprise a larger system taught through scripted scenarios, which allow top notch instructors a platform to share concepts and principles. Steps of Martial Arts are:

1. Felling:- It is to knock an opponent off his feet (e.g. throwing, pulling, or shoving)
  2. Striking:- It is to use of any part of the arms (e.g. elbows, open or closed hand, or forearms)
  4. Grappling:- It is to clutch or grip (e.g. holding, wrestling, or locking joints).
if you want to stip it down to first fundamentals then its

movement and positioning, where to be to strike or grab where to be to not get hit or grabed

blocking

striking

and grappling, be that holds or throws and how to get out of holds it throws.

two , three and four, being dependent on having a good command of one
now not all ma have, striking, blocking and grappling, in equal amounts or at all. But the fundamental of movement remains

Last edited:

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score

How can you do step one before step four?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Is this meant to start a discussion? Is this just a statement? Is it a question? I have no idea what we're talking about.

By the way, kicking is striking, just striking with the foot.

A leg sweep, a trip combined with a push, a flying side kick...

anunnaki

White Belt
Reaction score
Kempo Arnis is "The Mother Of All" and a concise, highly effective method of self defense that teaches practical application of Ryukyu kempo, Modern arnis and KAPAP-Krav Maga. It is used also in special forces.

Check out this instructors:
- Borut Kincl (Kempo Arnis Federation),
- Avi Nardia (KAPAP),
- Patrick Mccarthy (Ryukyu Kempo),
- Ken Smith (Modern Arnis).

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It almost seems like bots posting in this thread, because there's semblance of discussion. Just random "facts".

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A flying side kick. Exactly what art teaches that as a beginners technique?

Taekwondo. Our white and yellow belts sometimes do these in class, and our purple belts are expected to know it.

On the other hand, why does it matter? Are we talking about beginners techniques?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yup. The OP specifically mentions beginners in his first sentence

So it sounds like he's not just talking about beginners.

Even then, in our school, flying side kicks are basically an intermediate technique that our beginners play around with. It's one of the first jumping kicks people try. So yes, I'd put it as a beginner technique.

z0rr007

White Belt
Reaction score
Kempo Arnis is "The Mother Of All" and a concise, highly effective method of self defense that teaches practical application of Ryukyu kempo, Modern arnis and KAPAP-Krav Maga. It is used also in special forces.

Check out this instructors:
- Borut Kincl (Kempo Arnis Federation),
- Avi Nardia (KAPAP),
- Patrick Mccarthy (Ryukyu Kempo),
- Ken Smith (Modern Arnis).

Yes, it's true. I recommend this martial art to everyone of you. It's a real deal.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

I am already lost. Practiced and taught in Japan most of my life to Japanese. The good stuff is defensive. How about weapons. So is it you that are one of the "top noch" guys?

Martial_Kumite

Green Belt
Reaction score

How the OP describes it, it reminds me how my friend describes MMA fighters.
1: Strikers
2: grapplers
3: Mixed

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I see posts like the ones that started this thread, the theme from Rawhide starts playing in my head ....

OP
kravmaga1

kravmaga1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you block the feet of your opponent, you will not need to do the fourth step which is grappling. As after your blocking automatically anyone will fall down.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I see posts like the ones that started this thread, the theme from Rawhide starts playing in my head ....
I couldn't immediately bring that one up, so now I've got the theme to Bonanza running in my head. Thanks a lot, PG! :mad:

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you block the feet of your opponent, you will not need to do the fourth step which is grappling. As after your blocking automatically anyone will fall down.
It is to knock an opponent off his feet (e.g. throwing, pulling, or shoving) To throw, pull or shove, you generally have to have your hands on someone. Your explanation is a trip. And in most circumstances, blocking feet will not cause someone to automatically fall down without the addition of a pull or a shove. Yes, there are circumstances were it may work, but I would hope that is not the basis of any martial art.

Latest Discussions