Martial Arts|Types of Martial Arts!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is to knock an opponent off his feet (e.g. throwing, pulling, or shoving) To throw, pull or shove, you generally have to have your hands on someone. Your explanation is a trip. And in most circumstances, blocking feet will not cause someone to automatically fall down without the addition of a pull or a shove. Yes, there are circumstances were it may work, but I would hope that is not the basis of any martial art.
Agreed. We have one technique (usually held until fairly late in the curriculum) that is used for this purpose. It's very simple, and takes a lot of skill to make useful (I had someone take me out with it during a kick - surprised the hell outta me).

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I couldn't immediately bring that one up, so now I've got the theme to Bonanza running in my head. Thanks a lot, PG! :mad:
OK, that one got me dirty looks from the other denizens of cubicle land for laughing too loud. :D

Hitler only had one ball.

Me too! If someone managed to hit it on top of the roof (or into the yard with the German Shepherd) then it was game over and we had to figure out something else to play.