Martial Arts Tournament Turns to Brawling

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The video didn't look like a brawl to me. It looked more like a "Hold me back" tournament where the goal was to see how many people could hold one guy back.
A hold me back tournament? Sounds like a Conor mcgreggor press conference lol

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm going to host one of those. You in?
I wouldn't miss it for the world. .lol. I need 10 people to hold me back when I get mad. I drag about 10 people around so others can see how dangerous I am.

For those who don't know "Hold me Back" reference

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Looks to me like a large crowd of people trying to break up a lil' sock up between 4/5 others?
'Mass Brawl' is an exaggeration for sure.

Imo if I was gonna start fisticuffs I would NOT want to start it at a martial arts tourney ~.~

Actually, it's a fairly safe place to do so. Bombast and bluster being the rule of the day.

Ademadis

Green Belt
Reaction score
Actually, it's a fairly safe place to do so. Bombast and bluster being the rule of the day.

Aye, safe and quickly diffused.
I just cannot fathom why someone would want to start a fight in a room full of people trained to put conflict down.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So well said!

And definitely count me in on that Hold Me Back Tourney.
We're up to 3 then. We'll need at least 4, to make sure there's someone to actually hold back each competitor in a match, or we'd actually have to fight.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We're up to 3 then. We'll need at least 4, to make sure there's someone to actually hold back each competitor in a match, or we'd actually have to fight.

We'll need corner men. To, you know, hold us back and stuff.

original-4f5279eef3d199047a1ee2fb9d0e1ed4.jpg

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Four Brit martial arts fighters arrested after championship descends into brawl

'SORE LOSERS'
Four Brit martial arts fighters arrested after international championship descends into mass brawl

More than 50 people were involved in the violence

Good grief! It still sometimes amazes me how threads weave in and out of the topic that started them. No bag I guess, it is a forum on the i'net. :wacky:

Had to quote this to comment on it, just to make sure I and others don't forget how it started. :rolleyes: :D

Latest Discussions