martial arts songs

H

hapki-bujutsu

WHen hitting the pads in the teenage classes they seem to like music. Even more so martial arts themed music. Does anyone know of any. I have the ones listed

I am bruce lee

kenpo strikes

kung fu fighting

china white

anyone know of any others?
thanks

OP
P

pknox

I have seen CD's out there specifically designed for Chinese internal arts practice, most often Tai Chi and Chi Kung. Check out the following site:

http://qi-journal.com/store.asp?-Token.SearchID=Music

More in line with the style of music you posted, I think the Century catalog also has a few "up-tempo" CD's designed for cardio kickboxing.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe Karl Douglas, who wrote 'Kung Fu Fighting', has another song called 'Dance the Kung Fu'.

There's an alternative band called Ash that has a song called 'Kung Fu' which plays at the end of Jackie Chan's 'Rumble in the Bronx'.

Cthulhu

OP
L

LadyDragon

There's also a few songs on the Blade sound track that should make class interesting.

OP
H

hapki-bujutsu

I will check them all out. thank you

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard some Punk Band do a cover of the Jackie Chan song... Cant remember who it was at the moment...

Also, Sublime sings a cover of Hong Kong Phooey

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I LOVE to work out to Metallica !!!
Best albums to work out to:
#1: Master of Puppets
#2: Ride the Lightening
#3: And Justice for All

Best "karate" songs from these?
Battery
Damage Inc.
Orion (instrumental)
One
For whom the bell tolls

...etc.
Your Brother
John

OP
P

pknox

How about the black album? I know to some Metallica fans it's considered too "mainstream", but it's pretty righteous from beginning to end in my eyes.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hugo Largo seems to describe a martial art on there first album. I wouldn't recomend it for class though its very laid back. Another good one is Pink Floyd's "Sheep", which instructs us to master the art of Karate, And again I wouldn't recomend it for class unless everyone is totaly cool and well... laid back.

OP

2fisted

Am I cheesy because I like to have Tibetan monks in the background while I work out? :p

OP
E

Eggman

IVE GOT THE POWER!!!!! Every time i hear that song i start to do Form 4.

OP
V

vincefuess

I listen to music when I train that is nothing like the music I listen to for it's own sake. Loud, obnoxious, and beat driven. Lyrics are of no concern, as it is the energy of the music that I tap into while training. I also find that the more obnoxious, rude, and loud the music is- the less likely I am to get interrupted by my wife (hee hee- yeah right).

Powerman5000 (Especially the song "When Worlds Collide") gets my heavy bag some serious injury.

Latest Discussions