Good fight/running song recommendations?

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
chinto01,
Agreed. When you started to visualize what you were singing about it sure would take your mind off of the pain. :ultracool

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
chinto01,
Agreed. When you started to visualize what you were singing about it sure would take your mind off of the pain. :ultracool

That was a great things about all of the cadances.

in the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I personally do not believe in artificial stimulation while training, it should come from within. If a person cannot motivate themselves during any sort of training then there's a likelihood that they will not be able to do it on the outside when it really matters.

Decades of sports psychology disagree with you...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ehhh...the Supporting Members have access to an 18+ area... (hint hint...)

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I understand your point of view. This is a very split topic. Many martial arts business organizations advise that school owners should play music during training, they just happen to sell the dvd's.
In my womans kickboxing class I was asked by all ot the class members not to play music during the class. They said that they could not concentrate or focus on what they were doing. This kickboxing class is not cardio, I teach the real stuff,(no full contact).
I know that many schools play music, if they are doing this because they believe that it is helping their students then good for them. I know that some school owners do so because the owner likes the music and is playing it for himself.
I have found that when the time comes one has to dig down and draw up from within with the aid of any external stimlulation, sports groups do not train someone for these types of situations.
Everyone to their own way and enjoy it.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I really messed up those last two lines on my previous posting. I answered my phone, after hanging up I was not allowed to correct my errors, here there are.
I have found that when the time comes to dig down and draw from within those who need external stimulants for performance have a tuff time in doing so without them.
As I have stated before, this is a very split topic. Each to his/her own.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Adept,
On an off topic note, I will be traveling down to visit your great country during late November, 2007. I will be attending a large seminar / tournament event that is being hosted by one of my friends. I believe that this event will be held in Sydney. Is this close to where you are?
Maybe you and the other members of this forum who are from the "Great Down Under" can meet up during this event.

OP
Thunder Foot

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't know about "outside stimulation"... There's nothing you would receive from music that would increase your performance, that you shouldn't be able to duplicate in a fight (chuckles).

All in all, some good recommendations! Any others? And they can be outside of the 80's music :asian:

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
The use of sound and rhythm in all sorts of training and physical activity is an ancient and nearly universal practice. It can induce specific physiological and mental states which can be accessed later. It can keep people on-task and entrained. It can keep people going longer than they would otherwise. It develops timing and other important attributes.

Latest Discussions