Martial Arts Judgements and learning ideas

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I never said they can't if they pass the sajeon gup stage. But it will be so unlikely that only the real prodigies would actually earn the black belt.
well it isnt unlikely as lot of kids earn a blackbelt, why do you want to stop them having one inless they jump throup hoops that you set

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well it isnt unkikely as lot of kids earn a blackbelt, why do you want to stop them having one
AAHHHHH!!!!
You don't get it do you. A lot of them haven't deserved the black belt as their parents just spent 500$ to get one for them. THAT'S WHY!!!!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also agree with you, but talents like that are too rare, and that is why I look down on 8 yr old black belts.
Why look down on them? They earned that rank in most cases. If it were a different color, it wouldn't matter much to you, so what's sacred about the color black?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AAHHHHH!!!!
You don't get it do you. A lot of them haven't deserved the black belt as their parents just spent 500$ to get one for them. THAT'S WHY!!!!
"A lot of them" - how many? The classes I've watched at places that award youth BB ranks to kids had the kids doing things like drills and sparring of some sort. The kids with the BB ranks typically were better at those things than the other kids. Seems like the kids are involved in the process.

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Why look down on them? They earned that rank in most cases. If it were a different color, it wouldn't matter much to you, so what's sacred about the color black?
It's not that I'm trying to prevent kids from getting the black, belt, it's just making it so the parents don't get to bribe the teachers into getting them high ranked belts to flex.
"A lot of them" - how many? The classes I've watched at places that award youth BB ranks to kids had the kids doing things like drills and sparring of some sort. The kids with the BB ranks typically were better at those things than the other kids. Seems like the kids are involved in the process.
Yes, but that is only within their age... Of course a red belt 10 yr old is better at kicking than a yellow belt 10 yr old.

Latest Discussions