Martial Art Realty Show

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this. Please move if this is the wrong spot.

I saw this on the Dog Brothers' Forum and decided to post here to get more exposure.

-Stephen

New Reality Show

Now Picked up By a Major Network

A new Reality Show , featuring the Martial Arts is gearing up and looking for your
story. Have you ever been attacked , stalked, struck or mugged and were you able
to fight back using your martial arts training ? .

Like nothing you have seen before . This show will be based on experts and novices
alike , be part of a all empowering show , which will leave the audience smarter,
more prepared and wiser to the world we live in today.

Instructors we are looking for WOMEN ( for our first show ) that have used thier
martial arts in a attack.
1. Please send a small write up on the attack to our Email
2. Please note that person will have to be able to travel to Brooklyn NY During
the last weeks of May for 1 day , for filming.

The Producers : Fight Back Intelligently

Andrea Matzke & Alan Goldberg

Cast so far : David Toma , Christine Bannon Rodriquez , Alan Goldberg, Demitrius
Oak tree Edwards

Please Contact us at [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]

Or 718 856-8070

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
So they're asking for women who've been attacked and successfully defended themselves to come onto a reality show?

Then what? Have them duke it out amongst themselves, or will they be randomly attacked while navigating rope courses etc each episode?

OP
Hawke

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm guessing it will teach others how to survive an encounter.

For some I think it can bring back some intense memories, so they probably will not want to be in this show.

For others they may want others to learn from their lessons.

The show is supposed to empower others.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So they're asking for women who've been attacked and successfully defended themselves to come onto a reality show?

Then what? Have them duke it out amongst themselves, or will they be randomly attacked while navigating rope courses etc each episode?

My guess is they'll use a reenactment of the attack showing how it was countered. Then have an interview of sorts with the *victim* and discuss how their martial arts training was used to successfully thwart the attack.

I'm guessing it will teach others how to survive an encounter.

For some I think it can bring back some intense memories, so they probably will not want to be in this show.

For others they may want others to learn from their lessons.

The show is supposed to empower others.

Yep. Personally, I think it's a great idea.

llewis823

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I had often thought a reality show based on someone like me - a woman coming into martial arts at age 42 and the journey would be very interesting - (at least it would be to me if it were about someone else) but number one, I don't think the senseis would be very happy about the fiasco something like that would cause and number 2 - you see what "they've" done to other reality shows - skewed them to the point that it almost perverts the main theme of the show. Like with the tattoo shop shows - those have just turned into a joke. Used to be about the art and the stories behind it, but now it's got all these other side stories -the guys buying a bar (who cares????) and you are lucky to see 2 tattoos per show. I would not want that to happen to my journey (or anyone else's) Listen to me rambling on like it could happen...lol

OP
Hawke

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think shows like Fight Quest and Human Weapon demonstrated to advertisers that a martial art show is viable. A few now already exist and more are coming. Not sure how long this trend will continue.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
well it sounds like it will either be very very good, and much better then the ones so far in many ways, or it will really really be horrible and a bad thing over all for the martial arts. I will be interested to see which.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, at least it's not one of those MMA reality shows on Spike where every other word is bleeped. That's exactly what I'd want to watch.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, at least it's not one of those MMA reality shows on Spike where every other word is bleeped. That's exactly what I'd want to watch.

That's because they have English guys on and the American programme makers think what they say is rude! :roflmao:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well it sounds like it will either be very very good, and much better then the ones so far in many ways, or it will really really be horrible and a bad thing over all for the martial arts. I will be interested to see which.

Yep. This could go either way. Let's hope for the best. :asian:

Latest Discussions