Mall Brawl

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...t-nations-largest-mall-leads-to-more-security

Really people?? What the hell sparks people do to things like this? Just like the big stampede to get sneakers.....sneakers!! People like this, IMO, are nothing but losers. Sorry to sound so harsh and mean, but its the truth. People like this have no respect for anything...no respect for others, or their property. Once again, I can't help but to put part, if not the majority of the blame, on the parents.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Same thing with video http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4577726...-mob-stores-some-pepper-sprayed/#.TvtOX1djHDU

Makes me want to NOT go shopping ever again... or at least not for Air Jordans... :rolleyes:

Sheesh.
You're right MJS the fault lies with the parents. They're ultimately responsible for the actions of their children... even when the children come of age. But of course of age children catch the arrest record not the parent.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking for myself only here, but the reason why *I* put alot of blame on the parents, is because kids learn what they live. If they see mom and dad do something, unless mom and dad says its wrong, the kid will assume/learn that its ok. If mom and dad call the neighbor an *******, the kid will too. Yes, I'm sure someone is bound to say, "Well, parents can't be everywhere, watching their kids." and ya know what...thats true. My parents weren't up my *** 24/7 either, but I'd never dream of doing something like this, and if I did, Jesus, there'd be hell to pay.

See, the problem, or 1 of the problems, is that kids don't fear their parents or the law. How many times have we heard about a kid telling mom THEY will call 911 if they hit them. I'm not talking about a beating, but my God, we can't give our kids a whack on the *** without someone calling the cops, to report abuse.

No, not every parent in the world is a low class piece of trash, but when you see stuff like this, it makes you wonder.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You really don't like parents do you?

After having had an interesting weekend with myself and the voice of my mom in the back of my head, I have to agree, kids do pick up more from what parents do than we care to admit when we blame all their misdeeds on their bad friends in school!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You really don't like parents do you?
I don't like irresponsible parents that allow their kids to run around like hooligans and thugs and not do anything to stop them. That they didn't instill worth-while values in their kids when they were younger, that they didn't take the responsibility of ensuring that their off-spring would grow up to be responsible citizens. Those parents... no, I don't like them much. I know more than several dozen parents personally whose kids I've held in my arms as babies that have their (older) kids college bound and getting good grades and have a decent chance for a bright future. Their younger siblings are showing promise of doing the same.
I also know a few dozen who are on the opposite end of the scale and I don't hang out with them much, if at all.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mall's have turned into nothing but a hangout for teens. It's to the point where my wife and I refuse to go. We can blame their parents, but at this point it is to late to reeducate them. In some cases, some of them ARE parents......... I say more rules for these malls, and enforce the ones in place. Shoppers should not have to feel unsafe having to walk through groups of teens just to spend money and support the economy.

Latest Discussions