MA Movies

Fang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Whats gonna be the next big thing in martial arts movies?

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Tony Jaa is about the only exciting new thing in MA movies. I don't even know if he can speak English to really cross the culture barrier as Jackie Chan and Jet Li have

Cheers
Sammy:asian:

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tony Jaa is about the only exciting new thing in MA movies. I don't even know if he can speak English to really cross the culture barrier as Jackie Chan and Jet Li have

Cheers
Sammy:asian:

I hear he is working on English now...

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
yeah not much MA movies lately, van damme is nowhere to be seen, dolph lundgren is out too. i think the only MA movie recently is tom tum goong and the rocky movie. oh yeah DOA but that is kinda a lame one ( my personal opinion please dun flame me). but i heard sumtin about a king of fighter movie, maybe that will be good.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah not much MA movies lately, van damme is nowhere to be seen, dolph lundgren is out too. i think the only MA movie recently is tom tum goong and the rocky movie. oh yeah DOA but that is kinda a lame one ( my personal opinion please dun flame me). but i heard sumtin about a king of fighter movie, maybe that will be good.

Yeah DOA was pretty lame but theres something about watching 2 hot chicks fighting under a fountain in their bikinis.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
yeah devon aoki is hot, but on another note does wuxia movie counts as MA movies, i know some of u don't consider it. oh yeah forgot one movie by one of my favourite actor jet li fearless( how can i forgot this one is beyond me)

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Jet Li and Jason Statham did a movie together called War, Tony Jaa has Ong Bak 2, and Donnie Yen just did a movie called Flash Point which looks pretty good.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Watch for Jet Li and Jackie Chan together in a version of the Monkey story (you know, A Journey to the West, Monkey, whatever you want to call it). A new Donnie Yen film, eh? Look forward to that. I like Donnie.

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
yeah donnie is one of the best MA actor, i like his style. hope he have more movies.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah donnie is one of the best MA actor, i like his style. hope he have more movies.

Donnie as a fim martial artist is fine, as an actor, well "wooden" is vastly overstating his acting abilities.

But that has never been a requirement for a MA flick anyway.

Lamont

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Donnie as a fim martial artist is fine, as an actor, well "wooden" is vastly overstating his acting abilities.

But that has never been a requirement for a MA flick anyway.

Lamont

So true. Never did watch Donnie to see him act. If I want acting I'll watch Tom hanks or Robert Deniro. If I want MA, Donnie's a pretty good choice.

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
yeah i think he is also a fight choreographer, but his acting skills is lacking, same can be said about most MA movie star. hmmm how about the wwe guys , do you consider em MA movie actor, cuz john cena had a movie out and also stone cold.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah i think he is also a fight choreographer, but his acting skills is lacking, same can be said about most MA movie star. hmmm how about the wwe guys , do you consider em MA movie actor, cuz john cena had a movie out and also stone cold.

I really don't know how to classify the WWE guys. They're great physical specimens with good athletic ability. Most have at least a little actual wrestling training. They are good at melodrama and hamming it up, so they might be entertaining to watch. And occasionally one of them shows some real acting promise, like the Rock has.

Tong Po

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I really don't know how to classify the WWE guys. They're great physical specimens with good athletic ability. Most have at least a little actual wrestling training. They are good at melodrama and hamming it up, so they might be entertaining to watch. And occasionally one of them shows some real acting promise, like the Rock has.

I think the WWE guys tend to be o.k actors if they are in worthwhile regular films and not the ones that the WWE custom produces for them....i.e The Marine

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
yeah the marine sucks ( which is bad because i kinda like john cena) no character developement and just a** kicking all the time. the girl is hot though. haven't seen the condemned , but i think stone cold fight a japanese or korean MA actor, dun know his name. that might be good.

Darth F.Takeda

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dedicated MA movies don't doit for me anymore, to many guys taking deadly and maiming blows and still going, while flying thorugh the air.

Ong Bak though is the best MA movie in years.

I like movies that have some MA in them, History of Violence shows some strait up H2HCombat/Jujutsu in it.

The fights in Rome are brutal and realistic.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The Jet Li/Jackie Chan film about the Monkey King will be called The Forbidden Kingdom and Collin Chou from the Matrix movies and Fearless will also be in it. Collin will also be in Flash Point with Donnie Yen. Ong Bak 2 should also be really good.

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching the You Tube Coreographed(sp?) fight scenes, some are really well done, if you wanna see some good ones, check out lightsaber fight scenes and such there are some really really well done ones

Latest Discussions