lurking no more

dturtleman

White Belt
Reaction score
hi, guys. i've been lurking on the site for, i dunno, maybe six months or so. there are some websites where lurking is a good idea, because the people on the site are rather, i dunno, intense. i do tae kwon do, but i don't know if i've made a long term commitment, because judo, and sambo are both available to me within 20 mins from my house, and look interesting. does anyone else have comittment issues? well, here's my first post. (bows)

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the group!
TKD is a great martial art, but sambo is so rare and hard to find. You may want to check it out and maybe try a class or two. Sambo and tkd are like night and day, which is great. That gives you the option of picking one that appeals to your body size, shape, and personal rythems.

AoG

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi DTM, welcome to MartialTalk—it's good to have you with us, and I think you'll find that while the discussions on MT can get rather intense, there's very little of the toxic anger levels and personal attacks that various other martial arts discussion boards have become famous for. It's a very grown-up place, for the most part—people can and do disagree, and defend their respective positions at length, but there's a basic mutual respect that keeps things pretty civilized. A lot of times, people wind up agreeing to disagree, and that's no small achievement on an internet discussion board these days, eh? :)

So far as your commitment issue is concerned... if I were you, I'd go take a look at the judo and sambo schools, sit in on their classes, and see what registers. You won't know, otherwise. And you might well find, from comparing the classes, that TKD really is more your thing. No harm in at least checking the alternatives out, eh?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome former lurker...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well welcome out of lurkdom! Now you can really enjoy the board! :)
Happy Posting!

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome out of the shadows!! :wavey:

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome and happy posting! I've looked and tried a couple of different styles as I continued with TKD, but in the end... I found I really enjoyed what I'm doing. That's just me though...

Latest Discussions