lookin for some info?

roberts91

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been doing a ton of research on Kyuki-Do and im ready to share what ive found. anybody who has a question im ready.

OP
roberts91

roberts91

White Belt
Reaction score
its a mixture of different arts. many taekwon do judo and hapkido. it is designed to be effective for men, women, and children. we dont only teach selfdefense but moral and integrity values like respect. other arts lik karate and jujitsu are also used. there is kicks throws strikes blocks joint locks and all kinds of techniques. if you like to mix martial arts together this is a good one for you. there are twelve belts in Kyuki-do. they go white to black of course with stripes inbetween. white to yellow strip to yellow to greenstripe to green to blue stripe to blue to brown stripe to brown to red stripe to red to black stripe and then finnally the triumphant black belt. Grand master Ok Hyung Kim founded it while back (i dont have the exact date right now ill be able to get it for you though.) thats all i have in mind right now but if you got more questions i have more answers.

OP
roberts91

roberts91

White Belt
Reaction score
hey senseibear how do i change the rank on there from white to black cuz im not a white belt i havent been for almost three years and that bugs me.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
hey senseibear how do i change the rank on there from white to black cuz im not a white belt i havent been for almost three years and that bugs me.

The rank by your avatar is not meant to be the same as your real life rank. It is a rank equivalent to how many posts you make here on MartialTalk.

- Ceicei

OP
roberts91

roberts91

White Belt
Reaction score
thanks that was driving me insane that i couldnt change it but now i know why. well guess im starting from the bottom again.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I used to study Judo and was taught by two Kyuki-Do instructors (Royal and Meda West). I know Kyuki-do includes Tae-Kwon-Do, Hapkido, and Judo/Jujitsu. I agree with you, Kyuki-Do is a *very good* over-all art. I have a lot of respect for the Wests.

- Ceicei

OP
roberts91

roberts91

White Belt
Reaction score
i havent personly met them but my instructer, Master Brad Lanka, has and has told me they are extreamly good martial artists. I manly train with Master Lanka but i drive up to bilings to train with Grand Master Park atleast once a month. I also had a chance to train with Grand Masters Kim and Park along with GM Kims son and another one of the "korean hard men as i know them" at a Hapkido seminar a few years back and what a treat.

OP
roberts91

roberts91

White Belt
Reaction score
okay i got time to write a good description of Kyuki-Do now. It was started by Grand Master Ken Ok Hyung Kim. It was designed to be effective for men women and children in a variety of different situations. there are kicks, punches, throws, joint locks, take downs, and just about every kind of technique out there. the students are taught more than a self defense though. they are taught respect, disipline, and integrity. If a student proves to be hateful, rude, or direspectful then they must start their training over. there are twelve belts, six solid and six stripe from white to black stripe. those are the color belts or Kup belts. 1st degree black belt is a Dan belt wich goes as high as 10th degree wich is your grand masters. it takes just over three years to achive a black belt with a three month period inbetween belt tests. Kyuki-Do is trans lated as the art of striking with energy. for weapons Kyuki-Do teaches the same weapons as Okinawa Kobudo, bo-staff, nunchaku, sai, katana, kamas, and tonfas. there are also Filipino Kali sticks or Rattan sticks. if that doesnt explain everything you want to know then ask me a question cause ive got tons that i could go into like the history and instructors of Kyuki-do but im out of time to type.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like my style, Chun-kuk-do. It started as a mixture of Tang Soo Do, and Kickboxing, but now includes Jujutsu, Judo, Brazillian Jujutsu, and some Aikido. It is both a hard and soft system, with time spent studying aspects of both.

Below Black Belt, a fairly standard National Syllabus is followed, but after Black Belt, each student is encouraged to personalize their study, so you end up with a good core knowledge, but different people in the organization will have different areas of expertise.

Ours is actually considered an "American" style, since it was founded by Chuck Norris, our Grand Master.

What country does your style consider its place of origin?

Lorak

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like the style I started in umm... 15-20 years ago. LOL

Was just called a Tae-Kwon-Do school. But we did study TKD, Hapkido, and judo for rolls and take downs.

Our Belt system was the exact same as you listed also. I'll have to say that I really enjoyed my time in that system and hate that due to complications I never got past Red Belt.

But it was a great style, and all the diffrent techniques from the three systems blended together really well the way it was taught.

Latest Discussions