long knife form

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Don't know who this is, nor if this is representative of Yip Ching's form (as the title indicates), but this has got to be one of the longer versions I've seen. Also, there seemed to be lots of 'flipping' going on.

hunschuld

Blue Belt
Reaction score
yes Yip Ching knife or at least one version of it. This is an older version. Newer ones have a few minor differences

D

Deleted member 39746

Very distantly related, Lindybeige did a video on his experience using butterfly swords in LARP a while back i found again, i dont recall its exact video title, but its one of his LARP ones. It might be titled "butterfly swords", it may be mildly intresting.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Curious assortment of Chinese, Japanese/Okinawan, and Filipino weapons on the wall behind him. Also three skulls in a row on the floor. Wonder what that's about?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Another thought. I'm not a fan of any Baat Cham Dao form that has a lot of blade flipping movements. In my book, Wing Chun is supposed to be pragmatic and efficient.

In fact, I've pretty much concluded that the way most people train the knives (especially in my lineage) is pretty useless ... you know, waiting years to learn an arcane form, practiced in secret without extensive paired drilling, or some form of free training or sparring/fencing against an opponent... working on distance, timing, angles...

Yes, I do own a couple of pairs of BCD, and once I knew most of the form, but I don't train it these days. I'm not a huge fan of knives for defense anyway, but if I ever had to use them, I'd fall back on my Escrima training. More practical, in my estimation.

Now some say the whole point of the BCD is the footwork and movement. Well, I do practice that, but in an empty hand context. It just makes more sense to me that way.