Chow Tze Chuen?

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Anyone here learning this lineage?

I've read that he learned a lot more of WC's 'lower half' (I.e. leg training and power development/mui fa jong/kicking forms) from Yip Man than others did? I also recently watched a video of him and one of his disciples sitting around discussing how complete their knife form is compared to other big names in the Yip Man family.

Anyone know this guy/his lineage/his WC that would care to comment? Thx.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I've read that he learned a lot more of WC's 'lower half' (I.e. leg training and power development/mui fa jong/kicking forms) from Yip Man than others did? I also recently watched a video of him and one of his disciples sitting around discussing how complete their knife form is compared to other big names in the Yip Man family.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I have seen that video---with Stephen Chan?

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Can you post the video?

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This guy (Stephen Chan) has many more videos but this is the one I was referring to

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Is there any footage of him or students doing wing chun?

kakkattekoi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This lineage focus on more about foot work n kick as well as long bridge and "inch strength" as compared to other lineage, this is more obvious on wooden dummy

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This lineage focus on more about foot work n kick as well as long bridge and "inch strength" as compared to other lineage, this is more obvious on wooden dummy

Thanks.
Would you happen to have a link to their version of wooden dummy?

RobertK

White Belt
Reaction score
Chow Tze Chuen is my SiGung. I have learned Wing Chun from SiFu Donald Mak in Hong Kong.
And I had the privlage of meeting SiGung on many occations in Hong Kong, and I visited his school a few times with my SiFu.
SiGung is a long time student of Ip Man, but he has always prefered to keep a low profile.
And yes, our linage focus a lot on footwork and kicks.

A interview with SiGung is published in the newest issue of Wing Chun Illustrated (nr 26).
You can also find the article here:
IWCO - Photos from IWCO's post | Facebook

Hope that clears up some of the mysteri :)

kakkattekoi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Chow Tze Chuen is my SiGung. I have learned Wing Chun from SiFu Donald Mak in Hong Kong.
And I had the privlage of meeting SiGung on many occations in Hong Kong, and I visited his school a few times with my SiFu.
SiGung is a long time student of Ip Man, but he has always prefered to keep a low profile.

A interview with SiGung is published in the newest issue of Wing Chun Illustrated (nr 26).

and most of chow tze chuen students are low profile

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Anyone have a video or something showing that leg exercise he was talking about with the rattan spring ? Seems interesting.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Rattan spring ?
I have no idea.. it was just how he decribed it in the article and said Ip man taught him it.

Who else in Ip man lineage has Mui fa jong ? it seems his sons are missing the kicking stuff.. They dont seem to have tri pole or sam sing jong either that I am aware of.

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Anyone have a video or something showing that leg exercise he was talking about with the rattan spring ? Seems interesting.

It has to do with 'reverse' training. Sorry, don't know the correct term for it. There are very few examples on the web.
Think of it this way: you wish to enhance your kick...normal thought process would be to maybe put on some leg weights, or do some squats or whatever. Essentially training your kick from the ground to the target.
Another school of thought would be adding resistance in the opposite direction, so your foot would be at the target, your job is to bring it down to the floor under some sort of resistance or tension, then you kick and repeat.

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Who else in Ip man lineage has Mui fa jong? it seems his sons are missing the kicking stuff.. They dont seem to have tri pole or sam sing jong either that I am aware of.

I think I've heard or read somewhere that Ho Kam Ming may have Mui Fa jong, and perhaps the tripole. Duncan Leung also learned these things from Yip Man. I agree that his sons never learned this stuff. They don't seem to have a downstairs game.

Latest Discussions