Chow Tze Chuen?

kakkattekoi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have no idea.. it was just how he decribed it in the article and said Ip man taught him it.

Who else in Ip man lineage has Mui fa jong ? it seems his sons are missing the kicking stuff.. They dont seem to have tri pole or sam sing jong either that I am aware of.

Which article are you referring to ?

kakkattekoi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think I've heard or read somewhere that Ho Kam Ming may have Mui Fa jong, and perhaps the tripole. Duncan Leung also learned these things from Yip Man. I agree that his sons never learned this stuff. They don't seem to have a downstairs game.

I think It's pretty well known to the community regarding his sons but they are well respected since they are grandmaster's son
It's sad that many 1st generation student of yip man did not fully pass down all the knowledge of WC due to traditional Chinese thinking or don't teach for living

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Attachments

• wci.jpg
    wci.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 203

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Chow Tze Chuen is my SiGung. I have learned Wing Chun from SiFu Donald Mak in Hong Kong.
And I had the privlage of meeting SiGung on many occations in Hong Kong, and I visited his school a few times with my SiFu.
SiGung is a long time student of Ip Man, but he has always prefered to keep a low profile.
And yes, our linage focus a lot on footwork and kicks.

A interview with SiGung is published in the newest issue of Wing Chun Illustrated (nr 26).
You can also find the article here:
IWCO - Photos from IWCO's post | Facebook

Hope that clears up some of the mysteri :)
^ that link... Im guessing no one else clicked on it then.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Do you know if chow tze chuen lineage teaches in Canada ?
--------------------------------
I am not in that line. But-chow tze chuen's protégé Donal Mak has been opening schools in different countries

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Appart from the Mui Fa Joang we also learn a special kicking set on the Wooden Dummy.

Is the special kicking set like a sequence of all the kicks from wooden dummy? Just extracted and focused on in a set all by themselves? Or is it something entirely different?

RobertK

White Belt
Reaction score
Is the special kicking set like a sequence of all the kicks from wooden dummy? Just extracted and focused on in a set all by themselves? Or is it something entirely different?
Yes, it's all the kicks extracted and put tougheter in a sequence for more focus on training kicks and footwork.

Latest Discussions