MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whoa, the thief in that vid was fast!

Thanks for posting this, Shesulsa.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are some great tips on that video - I always lock my car when I go to the gas station, in part because when I lock or unlock the driver's door of my 12-year old car, it locks or unlocks every door on the car, which makes me nervous. Thanks for posting this.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are some great tips on that video - I always lock my car when I go to the gas station, in part because when I lock or unlock the driver's door of my 12-year old car, it locks or unlocks every door on the car, which makes me nervous. Thanks for posting this.

It had never occurred to me... guys keep their wallets in their pockets, so there's less awareness of the danger... but still, you mustn't let them get access. I've got all kinds of receipts lining the front passenger side of my car.... :uhohh:

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It had never occurred to me... guys keep their wallets in their pockets, so there's less awareness of the danger... but still, you mustn't let them get access. I've got all kinds of receipts lining the front passenger side of my car.... :uhohh:
Exile - I do keep my wallet in my pocket but I always keep my purse with my makeup on the passenger seat, lol.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Exile - I do keep my wallet in my pocket but I always keep my purse with my makeup on the passenger seat, lol.

I'm not gonna go there, other than to say, that's really scary!!! :wink1:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ALWAYS scan the area BEFORE you exit your vehicle..I something doesn't feel or look right GO SOMEWHERE ELSE..

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I keep my purse in my sparring bag.... ;) My handbag generally carries books on self defence and meditation.... heehee

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that!! Certainly alot of great tips!! While I haven't heard of anything like that happening in my area...at least I don't think so anyways...but the keys in the ignition while its running, happens all the time. The first thing out of their mouth is, "Well, I was only inside for a minute." Ummm..yeah, and thats all it takes for someone to steal your car too!

Mike

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was a very good video. I don't always lock my doors at gas stations. I guess I figure that everything of value is hidden, but hell, if someone just grabbed random stuff out of my glove box they could probably get some good info on me. Along the lines of what Drac said, I ALWAYS lock my doors at gas stations in shady areas, or when suspicious people (i.e. tweekers) are hangning around.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Geo. I always lock my doors, and generally put my purse either on the drivers side seat or the passenger side floor (out of sight). After seeing that video I am going to start placing my purse on the drivers side floor as shown.

On a lighter note, does anyone watch Reno 911 where they spoof the safety commercials? This video reminded me of that. :D Very serious but timing gets off while reading the prompts. lol!

Can

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
FWIW, some cars won't unlock the gas cap with the doors locked. In any case, being aware of your surroundings and not leaving valuables where they can quickly be snatched is (or should be) common sense.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FWIW, some cars won't unlock the gas cap with the doors locked. In any case, being aware of your surroundings and not leaving valuables where they can quickly be snatched is (or should be) common sense.
I had a Honda (I think) like that. I used to exit the car with my purse in an visibile location, open the gas cap door, then lock the doors, then proceed.

(whoops - pressed the submit button too early)

Awareness and not leaving valuables in an easy access location are absolutely common sense and should be practiced regularly regardless of locking mechanisms anywhere.

Zida'sukara

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this Shesulsa, that thief was really fast!!

I always lock my door and keep my wallet with me but sometimes I forget to take my mobile out of the standard. I will be more carefull with this now.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last month one of our officers ignored the warning signs and almost had his car jacked my some POS "gang-banger" with a pistol..He got hit in the head with the weapon but stood his ground and the attacker fled..NOW, he wants me to recommend an MA school near him...

Zida'sukara

Black Belt
Reaction score
Last month one of our officers ignored the warning signs and almost had his car jacked my some POS "gang-banger" with a pistol..He got hit in the head with the weapon but stood his ground and the attacker fled..NOW, he wants me to recommend an MA school near him...

He was lucky, he could have been shot. I can imagin he would like to go to a MA class now.

Latest Discussions