LGBT in martial arts.

crazydiamond

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Whoa!!!

Been a Patriot fan since 1960. I am compelled to respond. (Hey, you know how it is. ;))

I guess in some places you are allowed to wear a ring for playing with under inflated balls ? Tom Brady's balls? Disgusting. :)

Have you tried loving the Steelers ? It's what God wants.;)

Last edited:

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I advertise, I am not clenched, I was just clarifying, since your post on this topic did appear after mine, that is all no other deeper meaning than that

Steve, we are both rather good at misunderstanding each others posts so lets just say its all good and call it a day

Solid! Agree to disagree, or to simply not sweat the small stuff, always best.

Or, you guys could settle this in true late night Black Belt Theatre fashion, where Xue Sheng leaves his mystical mountain village, against the advice of his pascha (I made that up, no clenching on not knowing what the correct title is either) and travels for many sleeps, travelling over land and sea to arrive at Steve's house in the suburbs (I picture Steve in the suburbs for some reason) and then to engage in that most deadly of combat, the backyard barbeque brisket cooking challenge.
Joking over. Good to see that guys/gals can actually demonstrate mature non flame-war behavior on a board. Nice!

Back to topic, do people actually get offended by public displays of affection, even if done considerately to who may be observing? I'm not talking about tonsil-examining French kisses with body groping as an added activity, I'm just talking about hand-holdng, hugs, quick kisses, etc.

None of that has ever bothered me, straight, gay, bi whatever. It's hard to find a person who loves another person in this world, and each such bonding should be celebrated.

And..... now back to football!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Or, you guys could settle this in true late night Black Belt Theatre fashion, where Xue Sheng leaves his mystical mountain village, against the advice of his pascha (I made that up, no clenching on not knowing what the correct title is either) and travels for many sleeps, travelling over land and sea to arrive at Steve's house in the suburbs (I picture Steve in the suburbs for some reason) and then to engage in that most deadly of combat, the backyard barbeque brisket cooking challenge.
Joking over. Good to see that guys/gals can actually demonstrate mature non flame-war behavior on a board. Nice!

Back to topic, do people actually get offended by public displays of affection, even if done considerately to who may be observing? I'm not talking about tonsil-examining French kisses with body groping as an added activity, I'm just talking about hand-holdng, hugs, quick kisses, etc.

None of that has ever bothered me, straight, gay, bi whatever. It's hard to find a person who loves another person in this world, and each such bonding should be celebrated.

Agreed, JP. But I have seen people who got offended by reasonable displays of affection by same-sex couples. Since it can't possibly actually affect them directly, I can only assume they are looking for a reason to be offended.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, JP. But I have seen people who got offended by reasonable displays of affection by same-sex couples. Since it can't possibly actually affect them directly, I can only assume they are looking for a reason to be offended.

People who are actively searching for reasons to be offended offend me as they are Fun-Haters. Life is short, it was given to us to be enjoyed, to do good things with it, to help other people out, to lift people up, do have faith and give praise to God in whatever form/name the person was brought up in or chooses to become after personal insight.

It isn't for sitting around bitchin'...

Oh, and I agree with you.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Not quite suburbs. More rural than that... but we do have a Costco and a Walmart. But I do like smoked brisket.

Mujician

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Why should it even need to be discussed. I don't feel the need to declare the fact I'm straight. Hell, I didn't even feel the need to say anything about the fact it was my birthday at my last training session.

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I run a "private" club in that I don't obligate myself to allow just anyone to sign up and train with us. I screen people and turn anyone away who isn't a good fit for us or who I just don't feel like training.

That said, gender, race, and sexual orientation are not criteria for me. Anyone who I would otherwise welcome would be welcome regardless of those factors. If that fact made one of my existing students uncomfortable, I would challenge them to grow through it, but it would be their burdon to do so.

@Steve if you want to make the drive to Seattle and give me enough warning, I'll smoke us a proper brisket.

Last edited:

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not quite suburbs. More rural than that... but we do have a Costco and a Walmart. But I do like smoked brisket.

Shoot, I live right outside of Pearland and I don't have a Costco. I do have a Wal-Mart but I avoid it like a leper colony.

Just picture about 50 people waiting in two lines, with perhaps 25 empty register lanes... in staffed. You get the picture. Right across the street there is a Target, and there you picture maybe 20 people in lines, and ther's usually 6 to 8 registers open as well as 2 self-checkout lanes. Techy!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run a "private" club in that I don't obligate myself to allow just anyone to sign up and train with us. I screen people and turn anyone away who isn't a good fit for us or who I just don't feel like training.

That said, gender, race, and sexual orientation are not criteria for me. Anyone who I would otherwise welcome would be welcome regardless of those factors. If that fact made one of my existing students uncomfortable, I would challenge them to grow through it, but it would be their burdon to do so.

@Steve if you want to make the drive to Seattle and give me enough warning, I'll smoke us a proper brisket.
There's an instructor in Seattle I've been meaning to visit. If I get a whiff of that brisket, I'm bringing beer and crashing the party.

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
There's an instructor in Seattle I've been meaning to visit. If I get a whiff of that brisket, I'm bringing beer and crashing the party.

Sincere open offer. I need people to cook brisket for. My tiny family can't eat 12# of meat. Let me know if you're a visiting meat lover.

I don't make claims or talk trash about my martial arts skills, prowess, or credentials, but hear me now -

The best place for brisket in Seattle is my back yard.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sincere open offer. I need people to cook brisket for. My tiny family can't eat 12# of meat. Let me know if you're a visiting meat lover.

I don't make claims or talk trash about my martial arts skills, prowess, or credentials, but hear me now -

The best place for brisket in Seattle is my back yard.
My wife wants to skip work and start that way now.

In seriousness, I'll definitely reach out if I make it out that way. I love to visit and consume whatever people's home specialties are.

Latest Discussions