Let this be the standard-

StrongFighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tez, I'm sorry but he's right. Women are weak and inferior creatures. They would never be able to hold their own against real men. History backs this up. It's always been the men who do the fighting while the women make reinforcements and cook dinner. The sooner women today learn this, the faster they can get back to scrubbing floors and birthing more babies. The links back this up, 110%.

Strong, maybe it's not the women, but the people training them incorrectly and giving them false hopes from weekend "self defense seminars" that is the problem.

As to any anti-gay rhetoric, it's not welcome on this site so whoever/whenever/whatever, can it.

As to a serious standard for male excellence in training, you're going to have to really go far to top that "300" training stuff I saw a while back.

Thank you Mr. Hubbard that was what I was trying to explain.

Male excellence in gymnastics got its start in Germany.

http://www128.pair.com/r3d4k7/Climbing&Gymnastics1.1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Ludwig_Jahn

Germany has a rich heritage of gymnastics.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Your attention is gently called to the Martial Talk Rules and Polices, easily found HERE.

You may wish to take special notice of section 1.8:
1.8 Threats, Racism, Sexism, and Challenges:

Messages that are openly hostile, defamatory, sexual, vulgar, or harassing, will not be tolerated, and may be in violation of the law. Threads or replies promoting or expressing intolerant views towards any group (race, religion, sexual preference, interracial couples, etc.) will not be tolerated.

No "physical challenge" posts are allowed. If there is a threat or physical challenge, real or perceived, issued, the person making said threat will be immediately banned from this board with no warning or recourse.

-jks9199

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well gay or not... the guy (in the TOPIC video) has evidently put a lot of work, strength training and practice in to doing what he can do, so should be at least admired and respected for that... particularly if one cannot do that themselves... or has even tried.

He's obviously had a lot of ballet training. And he's had a fair bit of gymnastics experience too.

The pommel horse moves are more difficult than they would be in competition. He has to keep his legs above the ground plane all the time. And using the flats of the hands instead of gripping engages different muscles. There's less antagonistic stability and it becomes more sheer arm strength.

What people are calling "gay" is the ballet background. Ballet carriage, movements with the pointed foot and so on are more associated with women. It's certainly an unfair portrayal, but it does play straight to stereotype.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Admin Note

Thread closed for clean up.

Mike Slosek
MT Asst. Admin

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Admin Note:

This thread is being reopened. Some posts were removed for being off topic, and others were moved to this thread in The Study.

Lets return to the topic at hand, which was the video clip. The discussion was on the exercises that he was performing, not his sexual orientation.

Mike Slosek
MT Asst. Admin

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Admin Note:

This thread is being reopened. Some posts were removed for being off topic, and others were moved to this thread in The Study.

Lets return to the topic at hand, which was the video clip. The discussion was on the exercises that he was performing, not his sexual orientation.

Mike Slosek
MT Asst. Admin

OK OK, I wasn't even going to touch this thread before. Too touchy a subject. Anyway, the dude in the clip does show amazing athletic ability. But that second clip of him prancing around on stage as he performed struck me as incredibly silly aesthetically speaking. But then I know nothing about dance, or dance mingled with gymnastics... or whatever that was. But it was very entertaining. LOL.

BTW I attended art school, and along with my friends there (of all orientations) we did some pretty silly performance art. But at least it was usually silly on purpose. I did one piece that involved some martial arts style stunts, and involved a full-length bed of nails. No sooner had I finished making it, when a friend, who was something of a punk-rocker/techno geek, ran over and lay down on it. He must have been drunk. But he didn't get hurt (much) either. It was pretty funny.

mozzandherb

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am not extremely impressed with the video clip, you can pretty much find that kind of athleticism at your local gymnastic school. Sure it's hard to do, but I don't understand what makes that clip to be "the standard?"

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure why someone's looks or appearances negates his accomplishments.

Perhaps there are also those that want to discount Dr. Stephen Hawking's contributions to the world of science because he is confined to a wheelchair, unable to speak?

Latest Discussions