Order of importance for workout groups in martial arts

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you have to create a perceived limitation or lack within almost every post or sentence that's written?

Not every single thing needs to scrutinised the **** out of. It's okay for people to have a normal conversation without it being "well no".

I'm all for challenging misconceptions and sharing ideas. But geez man it's like you challenge almost every single thing that's said just for the sake of having an opposing view on it.
i told you you were incorrect and why that was so.

that was one small part of your post so clearly i dont challenged everything, only the incorrect things

as ive unfortunately had to do yet again with this post

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm all for challenging misconceptions and sharing ideas. But geez man it's like you challenge almost every single thing that's said just for the sake of having an opposing view on it.
Yeah that’s pretty much sums him up that’s his thing

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Everything gotta be an argument?
YOU quoted me to contradict ME, and your WRONG, it now only becomes an argument if you choose to make it so

as it is youve gone for your usual ploy of making personal attacks to cover up your error

i can see no good reason, apart from your reluctance to admit fault why we cant have a friendly discussion on the nature of core training or if your not that interested just drop the whole thing, just dont contradict me with faulty info and expect me not to reply

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
YOU quoted me to contradict ME, and your WRONG, it now only becomes an argument if you choose to make it so

as it is youve gone for your usual ploy of making personal attacks to cover up your error

i can see no good reason, apart from your reluctance to admit fault why we cant have a friendly discussion on the nature of core training or if your not that interested just drop the whole thing, just dont contradict me with faulty info and expect me not to reply
Reading through the thread, I'm confused by your argument here. Do you think that core is useless because most exercises involved the whole body? Or do you think that there is no such thing as isolated arm/eg workouts?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Reading through the thread, I'm confused by your argument here. Do you think that core is useless because most exercises involved the whole body? Or do you think that there is no such thing as isolated arm/eg workouts?
i think isolation exercises are the work of the devil and are the preserve of body builder or people who dont understand what they are doing/have far to much time on their hands

and no matter how you isolate its extremely difficult, bordering on the impossible to exert yourself and not hold your core in isometric tension, try it and come back to me

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
i told you you were incorrect and why that was so.

that was one small part of your post so clearly i dont challenged everything, only the incorrect things

as ive unfortunately had to do yet again with this post

Oh man...

I was incorrect you say... alright, let's review.

I said that if it is time-limited, best to focus on whatever is the priority, the thing that needs working on according to his goal/martial arts focus.

YOU said... no that's not correct, do what's efficient, just do a full body workout that hits all muscles.

That's like a pro footballer saying to someone, "ah there's some stuff I really need to improve in my game... definitely want better agility and reflexes... but don't have a huge amount of time..."

And then someone recommend "prioritise A, B and C drills and keep everything else at a good maintenance level until your other stuff becomes better."

Then someone else says... "nah that's incorrect, don't worry just work all your muscles if you've got limited time."

You tend to correct what 'version' of truth you're going with at the moment.

And no. If you read again I said "almost every".

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh man...

I was incorrect you say... alright, let's review.

I said that if it is time-limited, best to focus on whatever is the priority, the thing that needs working on according to his goal/martial arts focus.

YOU said... no that's not correct, do what's efficient, just do a full body workout that hits all muscles.

That's like a pro footballer saying to someone, "ah there's some stuff I really need to improve in my game... definitely want better agility and reflexes... but don't have a huge amount of time..."

And then someone recommend "prioritise A, B and C drills and keep everything else at a good maintenance level until your other stuff becomes better."

Then someone else says... "nah that's incorrect, don't worry just work all your muscles if you've got limited time."

You tend to correct what 'version' of truth you're going with at the moment.

And no. If you read again I said "almost every".
agility wasnt included in the options of the op or various other essential attributes like balance reflex etc it was cardio and various body parts, so thats the terms of reference of the discussion
and then IF time is the defining factor, which is a concept ONLY you included, you set off recommending a course of action that is not the most time efficient

you cant introduce a training concept , recommend something that doesnt meet that criteria and then claim to be correct ?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
agility wasnt included in the options of the op or various other essential attributes like balance reflex etc it was cardio and various body parts, so thats the terms of reference of the discussion
and then IF time is the defining factor, which is a concept ONLY you included, you set off recommending a course of action that is not the most time efficient

you cant introduce a training concept , recommend something that doesnt meet that criteria and then claim to be correct ?

..... :eek:

I feel like I'm dreaming... am I.. ? I'm not sure what's happening...

It was... an example...... I was... using...... Hence the "That's like..." and everything that followed. Substitute cardio and strength then.

I merely said if time is a limiting factor, prioritise. That's all... you don't feel that's time efficient? To work on whatever the priority is?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
..... :eek:

I feel like I'm dreaming... am I.. ? I'm not sure what's happening...

It was... an example...... I was... using...... Hence the "That's like..." and everything that followed. Substitute cardio and strength then.

I merely said if time is a limiting factor, prioritise. That's all... you don't feel that's time efficient? To work on whatever the priority is?
yea im stuck some some surreal discussion with someone who doesn't understand what he said

IF TIME IS A LIMITING FACTOR, do the most time efficient exercises to use that time to the best extent

not if time is a limiting factor do one and neglect the others, hows that good advice?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
yea im stuck some some surreal discussion with someone who doesn't understand what he said

IF TIME IS A LIMITING FACTOR, do the most time efficient exercises to use that time to the best extent

not if time is a limiting factor do one and neglect the others, hows that good advice?

!

I highly, highly, highly recommend you reflect on what you write. How you're seeing what I'm saying, and how you see what you're saying.

Blessed be thy brother Jobo.

Latest Discussions