Learning martial arts only ones a week.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How to train at home is an art. Do you know that you can let your right hand to fight your left hand?
How would this be helpful? Unless you have a way to detach your one hand from your body, I cant imagine 'sparring' yourself giving you any good habits...

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How would this be helpful? Unless you have a way to detach your one hand from your body, I cant imagine 'sparring' yourself giving you any good habits...
Here is an example:

Let your right hand to grab on your left wrist. If your left arm twist against the

- 4 fingers of your right hand (the wrong way in combat), you can develop strong right hand grip.
- thumb of your right hand (the correct way in combat), your right hand can slide along your left forearm and reach to your left elbow (this skill is quite useful in grappling).

Of course you can let your right arm and left arm to hit against each other to tough both arms. I'm sure others may share some good idea here.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
ive been in karate for a little over 3 years now, i still got a lot to learn but i have learned is done daily dosnt have to be hard, you can do your kata 10 times a day(dosnt matter if good or bad- but at least use effort) and if your sitting watching tv or sitting you can do stretches. but mainly it should be done daily or close to it so your body dosnt get lazy or lose progress

Rokuta

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi SacredCoconut,

Were you able to arrange for space to train to your satisfaction outside of class? I know, NECRO, but only by one month on the last poster. :p Given your location, finding a warm location to train in when the outdoors is cold would be a must.

Latest Discussions