Kug Maky Ung Ryu Ninjitsu

Tetsujin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Here's a hint for you EZ: NO-ONE HERE IS GOING TO RESPECT WHAT YOU ARE DOING UNTIL YOU STOP TRYING TO NAME WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU'RE DOING AFTER A MARTIAL ART IN WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER TRAINED.

And no, your quote-mine of a book whose title you consistently misspell is not going to help you. Nor will continuing to insult and/or strawman anyone who disagrees with you.

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Many of those questions were attempted "trap" questions. Those asking them are hoping to somehow say "See he don't know what he is doing" once I answer them. Not being a legitimate question then makes it rude.

Techniques working better for me? That is easy. The arts I have trained in all randori. If you are unsure of what that is, just go watch any judo club near the end of practice, or go to a high school wrestling meet. There you will see many people developing an instinctive feel for what techniques "work" for them based on their individual attributes, skillsets and psychology. That is true "mat time". I hear the phrase used alot by people practicing choreographed stuff and in those instances it is a misnomer.

Videos. Since I have, or feel no onus to prove anything to anyone here,I am in no hurry to rush out and make videos. This project is solely for my own reward, and video will eventually be a part of it, once I achieve the technological ability to do so. Making the slideshow one of the tire workout was a fun learning experience for me and soon I will do some motion stuff.

Hayes. Funny how politics, greed and other squabbles can impact a society. Once revered by the Lineage Crowd, Mr. Hayes is now seen as somehow unpure by those same purists. Revisionist history always has a hidden agenda, usually for the goal of money and power. Which "Kuden", or secret oral traditions, were discovered which pointed out Mr. Hayes troubles?

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here's a hint for you EZ: NO-ONE HERE IS GOING TO RESPECT WHAT YOU ARE DOING UNTIL YOU STOP TRYING TO NAME WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU'RE DOING AFTER A MARTIAL ART IN WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER TRAINED.

And no, your quote-mine of a book whose title you consistently misspell is not going to help you. Nor will continuing to insult and/or strawman anyone who disagrees with you.

It is not quote mining if you explicitly state the origin. Two quotes= mining?

Secondly, labeling the outright insults directed at me as juvenile behavior is not insultive. Show me anywhere else that you construe me to have insulted someone. (If so I would humbly apologize.) On the contrary, I have maintained center.

Fortunately for me, I don't seek the respect of others; I find respect within myself. My harshest criticism comes from within, which drives the fire I have to continuously improve my attributes. This process wins me the respect of those who have the courage to respect someone they may disagree with.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Questions about foot positions in the stomp kick (and others) have been argued by high-ranking artists here before ... it is very much a legitimate question as scientific theory has been applied to the analysis of this kick. Some styles, however, insist upon particular foot placement albeit ineffective. It's too bad you think this is not a legitimate question.

The question for your citation of what the true ninjas sources were is definitely a legitimate question since YOU have decided to use the term for an authenticated type of training and it is incumbent upon anyone you train (including your kids once grown) to ask you questions JUST LIKE THIS. For someone not ranked in ninjitsu ... well, now, exactly what kind of questions would you be asking of someone who is not ranked in Kenpo but teaches Chung Rei Kempo? Would you be asking about that person's inspirations, especially if s/he purports there is a verifiable source for their inspiration? It is too bad you think this is also not a legitimate question.

The question regarding your opinion on the daily practice of ukemi is a simple question.

None of these are trap questions - valid and applicable they are. Would you like to try again?

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many of those questions were attempted "trap" questions. Those asking them are hoping to somehow say "See he don't know what he is doing" once I answer them. Not being a legitimate question then makes it rude.

I'd further add that if you are hesitant to answer questions that you fear would reveal that you do not know what you are doing ... that nothing more really need be said.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is why I choose to call it ninjitsu, because as I have shown you above, ninjitsu is more about methods and a state of mind.
Just because you keep sayin' it, doesn't make it true. There is no such thing as ninjitsu. Ninjutsu is a specific set of skills developed in Japan. If you're not training in those skills under a legitimate source (read: not from books or videos), you're not practicing ninjutsu. Even in the Bujinkan and various offshoots, the training nowadays is usually referred to as budo, jujutsu, or kobudo; because the training now is primarily about those skills.

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Shesula, what is the point of asking me if I breakfall on a daily basis? No. How is that for an answer to such a grounbreaking question. ( pun intended).

My source I have always stated is myself. Not hard to decipher what I mean by that. The need to authenticate myself with documents and scrolls and "Kuden"and anything else which does nothing to make me a better MA has no place in my sytem. These things all make people feel a sense of belonging to something greater than themselves and are therefore very important to many, just not myself in regard to my interpretation on ninjitsu.

Do you all understand that with the same vigor that you seek to declare any non Xkan system as a fraud, there are just as many people out there declaring the Xkan systems as fraudulent. There is some pretty damning stuff out there. In my case , I could care less about the petty stuff, choosing to, as Bruce Lee said, " absorb what is useful". Bujinkan budo taijutsu wise, I have yet to see much that I would choose to absorb. This is not said as an insult, I just prefer techniques that are less intricate and complicated.

Tetsujin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It is not quote mining if you explicitly state the origin.
Wrong. Where did you get that whacky idea? Quote mining is taking a phrase from an authors work and using it in an attempt to support a position other than what the author meant for it to support. It has nothing to do with whether or not it is referenced, nor with how often it is done.

Secondly, labeling the outright insults directed at me as juvenile behavior is not insultive. Show me anywhere else that you construe me to have insulted someone. (If so I would humbly apologize.) On the contrary, I have maintained center.
I was referring to stuff like this:
EZ said:
This will be my final post on this matter. Too many of you clearly fear that which does not fit what you feel to be the truth. Those that somehow feel that their expression of ninjitsu is the only valid one remind me of religious zealots. Perhaps this is to justify for yourselves the untold thousands some of you have spent in your quests.

Just because someone tells you they are the only true heir to something does not make it so. The venom spewed, not just at me , but with broad brush at various other ninja groups forces me to conclude that perhaps your systems have failed at teaching you some of the finer points of the martial way.

Clearly this bunch feels they have something valuable to protect and I can admire and understand that, however I must disagree with your methods. You rely to much on what others tell you and fail to find truth for yourselves. Names and such ultimately mean nothing, principles , concepts and applications are where the truth is found.
Not outright direct insults perhaps, but classic self-defense mechanisms of projection and attempting to malign those who are not agreeing with you.

The straw-manning I was referring to was your constant attempts to portray those who question what you are doing as lineage fiends, defenders of their own MA, or now Japanophiles.

The simple fact I wanted to draw your attention to is that mentioned above: No-one here is going to respect your attempt to name your invented MA after a MA in which you have never trained. That's the bottom line. Reading a book (or even several) about the MA in question does not justify it. The quotes you provided do not justify it. If you do not care what the rest of the MA community thinks of you, then by all means continue. I have to admit I find it quite entertaining.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shesula, what is the point of asking me if I breakfall on a daily basis? No. How is that for an answer to such a grounbreaking question. ( pun intended).

The thread is about focusing on particulars of training that are important to focus on daily. I asked if you did this because it's conversation related to the thread topic.

My source I have always stated is myself. Not hard to decipher what I mean by that.

Indeed it's not. Self-training is not viable, plain and simple. Not hard to decipher what I mean by that.

The need to authenticate myself with documents and scrolls and "Kuden"and anything else which does nothing to make me a better MA has no place in my sytem.

You must have SOME source for training other than your dreams, videos and a few pictures. YOU assert, sir, that YOU got this information from SOMEWHERE. So ... WHERE DID YOU GET IT? I'd like to see it to educate myself further with. It has little to do with you.

These things all make people feel a sense of belonging to something greater than themselves and are therefore very important to many, just not myself in regard to my interpretation on ninjitsu.

What ninjitsu training have you based your interpretation on? It is important to know so that I can better understand where you're coming from. Seek first to understand ... yes?

Do you all understand that with the same vigor that you seek to declare any non Xkan system as a fraud, there are just as many people out there declaring the Xkan systems as fraudulent. There is some pretty damning stuff out there. In my case , I could care less about the petty stuff, choosing to, as Bruce Lee said, " absorb what is useful". Bujinkan budo taijutsu wise, I have yet to see much that I would choose to absorb. This is not said as an insult, I just prefer techniques that are less intricate and complicated.

If you don't see much as useful ... why the H E Double hockey sticks would you use the term that currently mainly refers to BBT to NAME YOUR OWN STYLE? (just a conversational question)

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wrong. Where did you get that whacky idea? Quote mining is taking a phrase from an authors work and using it in an attempt to support a position other than what the author meant for it to support. It has nothing to do with whether or not it is referenced, nor with how often it is done.

So according to your expertise, what did Mr. Hayes really mean with the quotes?
What esoteric meaning am I missing? What position was he attempting to support, beside highlighting that the basis of Ninjitsu was a methodology practiced by a mountain dwelling peoples?

It is stunning to me how vociferously some posters defend the name "Ninjutsu". Guess what, as you have all pointed out, I choose the "I" spelling so you can all relax. This spelling clearly differentiates me from the X kan systems who have the true and pure spelling.

My humble apology to any who felt I was directing an insult at them personally in any of the quotes highlighted above.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MJS, I apologize that the thread got off topic. My intention was to answer the original question, which I did.
As this is the Ninjutsu subforum under Japanese Martial Arts Talk, any of your posts here discussing your system are off-topic.
There is a General Martial Arts Talk subforum. Perhaps your system would be best discussed there, as it is not Japanese and not ninjutsu.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Bunch of blather that has nothing to do with Japanese arts or Ninjutsu so has no place here.

Emo's drivel has as much to do with Ninjutsu as any brown carbonated liquid does with Coke. In his own words "
kugmakyungryu

Also, I am proud to say I am in no way affiliated with Bujinkan, Quest, Genbukan etc. My taijutsu is focused on reality based training. "

Just put the trolling pretender on ignore. He's another 20ish muscle head who wants to play karate-master without having to put in the time on the mat, or actually earn it like the legitimate people do. Nothing he says can possibly be of any value, in my opinion. You want to look like him? Go do the 300 workout, which he probably also "stole" for his "system". I have more respect for Rick Tew, at least that spammer scumsucker was honest he wanted to be a Power Ranger. :shooter:

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
As this is the Ninjutsu subforum under Japanese Martial Arts Talk, any of your posts here discussing your system are off-topic.
There is a General Martial Arts Talk subforum. Perhaps your system would be best discussed there, as it is not Japanese and not ninjutsu.

Do you propose to censor my ability to participate in any discussion in this forum? I was politely asked not to start a thread detailing my art within this sytem, a request with which I will comply. It is preposterous however to exclude me from any participation at all. Perhaps I am participating as a Judoka. Is that Japanese enough for you? Consider me a Judoka who likes ninjitsu, would that allow me to participate?

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Do you propose to censor my ability to participate in any discussion in this forum? I was politely asked not to start a thread detailing my art within this sytem, a request with which I will comply. It is preposterous however to exclude me from any participation at all. Perhaps I am participating as a Judoka. Is that Japanese enough for you? Consider me a Judoka who likes ninjitsu, would that allow me to participate?
Your "art" is not Japanese. Therefore it doesn't belong in any discussion of Japanese arts. Clear enough for you Troll?

Kug Maky Ung Ryu Ninjitsu - Baby Talkin Fantasy Fighting and Tire Twackn Guud!

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You, by your own admission, do not train in a Japanese ninjutsu system. Which part don't you get, off or topic? :idunno:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Admin Note:

This thread is being reopened. Any questions regarding the art, the founder, what is taught, or things of that nature, should be directed here. Some may also notice that certain posts were moved here from another thread in the Ninjutsu section. They were moved because they were better suited for this area.

Please take the time to read through the rules for this section.

Mike Slosek
MT Asst. Admin

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bester, thank you for the 20ish comment. Since I am nearly 38 years young, I will put this down as your first official compliment directed towards me.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to hate myself later on for asking these questions, but here goes anyway...

Emilio...My questions are as follows:

1) What do you base your 'art' off of? I'm sure there must be some foundation for it.

2) What in your 'art' is superior to arts just as the Bujinkan, Genbukan or Jinenkan?

3) If you're really interested in the Japanese arts, why not study a legit one? A while back I posted a link to a number of schools, asked if you've checked into any, but never got a reply. I hope I can get one now.

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
1) I base my art off of my various experiences with competitive grappling, military training, and personal philosophies and beliefs. My art will always evolve and adapt.

2) Not to be insultive to the arts you have mentioned, but I feel their unarmed combat techniques are too complex to be effective under combat conditions, also not enough emphasis is placed on physical attributes. For me, simpler, more direct techniques are better. Having explosive power behind them even more so.

3) It is true that there are some X kan schools in Michigan, however I have neither the time , desire ,or money, to commute a great distance to train in something that I feel does not fit me best.

I still drop in from time to time at my BJJ school, I roll at army drill during combatives and still plan to do some grappling tourneys. Brian's intensives look good to me. To me , marshalling my own resources to train and create the system which feels most right to me and works for me is more pure than anything I could do with other people's history behind it, no matter how many thousands of years it goes back.

Latest Discussions