Hello Everyone!

MLA9741

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello! After months of looking at this website without becoming a member, I finally decided to test the waters and register. A little about myself: I am a martial artist from the United States trained in Taekwondo, Hapkido, and Krav Maga (my school lumps them together based on weeks. ie: forms week, sparring week, self defense week.). Weapons wise, I have knowledge with a bo, escrima sticks, and knives (the bo and escrima need more training, but i do have a feel for them. :x ). In 2 weeks I have my 1st Dan Black Belt exam and I am in the process of reviewing, and repeating my previous belts. I look forward to spending a large amount of time on here and learning about the training and training tips you guys have knowledge of!

-Mark

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am currently learning to become an instructor and I have 4 years training as a student. Also, I will be learning how to use a sword in the near future, which I am excited for! :D

Last edited:

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Looking forward to you input here.

What is your style called?

OP
MLA9741

MLA9741

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
its taekwondo, but we have a self defense curriculum that includes hapkido and krav

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a good deal of experience to impart. Welcome to MT :)

burleighgirly

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with your exam. My best advice for your grading is to treat it like another class so that nerves won't affect you. Learning weapons is very exciting! I am also about to start sword studies in my curriculum, though I have trained them a little in class already.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Mark. I will be looking for you on the boards...................

OP
MLA9741

MLA9741

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you very much, all. I'll be around. Any questions, feel free to PM!

Latest Discussions