Koga ryu in japan?

White Belt
Reaction score
Well I don't think that there are any real "Ninja" today. Maybe with the exception of Hatsumi-Sensei. But as for Jinichi Kawakami I know that he is affiliated with that hombre...Juan Hombre. So that in itself makes me question his claims. Not to mention that I haven't seen anything to who actually trained him in Ninjutsu.

I don't know 'Juan Hombre' so I won't comment. He is from South America? I agree that expert in Ninjutsu is seperate from Ninjya. It also rests on your classification. Not 'TV Ninjya'. 'Nin-jya' has specific spiritual, martial art, special knowledge etc category and ability, so it can be known. I can see currently alive, Tanemura Shoto, Hatsumi Masaaki have respect in all these areas, but I also know families who also have this. So 'Last Ninjya' claim is something to say with no understanding.

Kawakami Jinichi is Ninjyutsu expert, but this is due to research and performance. There was a TV program in Japan about his lifestyle, but this was for entertainment. So I can't comment on his personal life, only on his knowledge and dedicated practice and research. There are many people deeply practicing who are not known, so I think broad statement is not right.

Thankyou

Obi Wan Shinobi

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't know 'Juan Hombre' so I won't comment. He is from South America? I agree that expert in Ninjutsu is seperate from Ninjya. It also rests on your classification. Not 'TV Ninjya'. 'Nin-jya' has specific spiritual, martial art, special knowledge etc category and ability, so it can be known. I can see currently alive, Tanemura Shoto, Hatsumi Masaaki have respect in all these areas, but I also know families who also have this. So 'Last Ninjya' claim is something to say with no understanding.

Kawakami Jinichi is Ninjyutsu expert, but this is due to research and performance. There was a TV program in Japan about his lifestyle, but this was for entertainment. So I can't comment on his personal life, only on his knowledge and dedicated practice and research. There are many people deeply practicing who are not known, so I think broad statement is not right.

Thankyou

Ok so then when you're saying that Jinichi Kawakami is a Ninjutsu expert do you mean that he is a historical expert in Ninjutsu or as an actual practioner? Because even if he is practicing as a re enactor for his museum that doesn't make him an expert in the sense of a bonafide legit Martial Arts instructor. Its like the Civil War re enactors are very knowledgeable about the Civil War and the training and tactics of the civil war armies. But that doesn't make them actual Civil War Soldiers.
Not to mention that the art he claims Sokeship to is classified as died out which explains why the scrolls are in the museum. For the last 3-4 decades that the Takamatsuden arts have been practiced in America, no other Ninjutsu ryu has ever been acknowledged as legit with the possible exception of Fujita Seiko's Koga Ryu Wada Ha but that one died with him too....

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok so then when you're saying that Jinichi Kawakami is a Ninjutsu expert do you mean that he is a historical expert in Ninjutsu or as an actual practioner? Because even if he is practicing as a re enactor for his museum that doesn't make him an expert in the sense of a bonafide legit Martial Arts instructor. Its like the Civil War re enactors are very knowledgeable about the Civil War and the training and tactics of the civil war armies. But that doesn't make them actual Civil War Soldiers.
Not to mention that the art he claims Sokeship to is classified as died out which explains why the scrolls are in the museum. For the last 3-4 decades that the Takamatsuden arts have been practiced in America, no other Ninjutsu ryu has ever been acknowledged as legit with the possible exception of Fujita Seiko's Koga Ryu Wada Ha but that one died with him too....
Okay I know this thread is super old but in regards to Juan Hombre he did train with Jininchi Kawakami but it was only for a few weeks. And he has no certificate so he can't teach. Doesn't appear that had stopped him.

And Jininchi Kawakami has stated he was an expert in historical ninjutsu. He also stated there were no students from the United States. It usually takes 10 to 15 years to become a student which is the standard there. He left no heir to koga (koka) ryu ninjutsu.

Found that information on an old bullshido thread. One of their posters in 2009 attended a seminar where Jininchi Kawakami was the special guest.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay I know this thread is super old but in regards to Juan Hombre he did train with Jininchi Kawakami but it was only for a few weeks. And he has no certificate so he can't teach. Doesn't appear that had stopped him.

And Jininchi Kawakami has stated he was an expert in historical ninjutsu. He also stated there were no students from the United States. It usually takes 10 to 15 years to become a student which is the standard there. He left no heir to koga (koka) ryu ninjutsu.

Found that information on an old bullshido thread. One of their posters in 2009 attended a seminar where Jininchi Kawakami was the special guest.
Give it up. I hold the record for oldest necro-thread, you aren’t gonna win that one.