knockout

OP
J

jjmcc

J-kid said:
Kenpo wolf you have no honor,

I dont let people walk on me cause its a doggy dog world.
Once you show weakness every Joe Dick And Harry wants to show there better then you.

First off if a guy was pushing you and causing this kind of problem, He is wanting to fight you, These are fighting words.
If you dont fight him he will bully you. I guess you must not have gone to High school or somthing because you would know i am right.
i agree with you j kid i dont want to get into fights but if its gonna happen its gonna happen and im sure as hell im not gonna be the one on the floor so if i feel as if an attack is immenent i will attack first BANG fingers straight in the eye why the hell should you care about there feelings as if they would have cared about mine and if they are hurt or bleeding SO WHAT TOUGH should have thought about that before you could try and start with me

So tell me how this makes you an idiot. Its a dog eat dog world if you give someone a yard they take a mile so i dont even give them an inch. If you ask me the only idiotic comments that strike me are the ones that say HIDE RUN AWAY DONT FIGHT damn it i was fighting way before i ever studyed MA and if anyone pushes me they better be ready to face the conciquences.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
jjmcc said:
i agree with you j kid i dont want to get into fights but if its gonna happen its gonna happen and im sure as hell im not gonna be the one on the floor so if i feel as if an attack is immenent i will attack first BANG fingers straight in the eye why the hell should you care about there feelings as if they would have cared about mine and if they are hurt or bleeding SO WHAT TOUGH should have thought about that before you could try and start with me

So tell me how this makes you an idiot. Its a dog eat dog world if you give someone a yard they take a mile so i dont even give them an inch. If you ask me the only idiotic comments that strike me are the ones that say HIDE RUN AWAY DONT FIGHT damn it i was fighting way before i ever studyed MA and if anyone pushes me they better be ready to face the conciquences.
Right, as if one is thinking about finger strikes as the fight tension unfilds.
But one must also be ready to fsce consequences as well.

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
It is sad to see that a) you had to find yourself in such a situation, and b) that you were unable to find another way to deal with it.

I remember high school pretty well. I remember the fight I got into with about 10 guys on one side, and only 2 on mine (we won, but that's another story entirely and had more to do with psyops than it did with fighting...). I remember the bullies in school that had to compensate for a lack of intellect by flexing what pathetic muscles they had...

But you should still have avoided the conflict entirely. When the bully approached you, you could have taken his side and behaved in a submissive fashion, manipulating him into thinking he was in a position of power (when in fact you would have been playing him like a puppet). You could have admitted that the comments he made about your family were in fact true (hard to insult someone when they are busy insulting themselves - that takes the power away from the bully immediately, and it isn't fun for him to make rude comments anymore, especially if yours are funnier).

There are hundreds of ways to deal with bullies, and only a very few of them are physical... Martial arts are about learning fighting techniques, but they are also about strategy. Sun Tzu advised that a commander never engage the enemy when and where the enemy wanted to engage in battle, but to rather find a place and time that suited the commander. It would be good reading for you to delve into The Art of War and the Book of Five Rings for lessons in how to deal with aggression without resorting to facing it head on...

Sun Tzu also said that "a great warrior has victory in 1,000 battles. The greatest warrior is he that conquers himself."

I just hope next time you keep a cooler head... Things are different now as compared to when I was in school. We ran the risk of the other guy having a knife. You run the risk of the guy having friends with AKs and Uzis hanging out around the corner.

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

Interesting comments! I know he should have avoided this but there are times when you do have to stand up for yourself otherwise people take advantage.

OP
J

jjmcc

47MartialMan said:
Right, as if one is thinking about finger strikes as the fight tension unfilds.
But one must also be ready to fsce consequences as well.
im always thinking of finger strikes the eye is a very tender spot and when attacked is extremly effective either partially blinding opponent or enough to make the attacker think twice. Once the attackers eyesight starts to come back hes on the floor and your OFF.

I am not doubting your wisdom but i cant understand how you or anyone with so much knowledge or training can tell me that a strike to the eyes is not an effective technique.

Im a realist it would be great if a guy come up to you in the street to kick your *** and all you had to say is i dont want trouble and they left you alone ye but thats never going to happen more these days the worlds a dangerous place i train hard and i know im good at what i do and i train and now teach people to defend themself at any cost worry about the conciquences later and my outlook will never change.

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
muayThaiPerson said:
man, in school, this guy started problems with me just cuz he thought i wouldnt do anything. im not a big guy, but he is...so he started to talk about my family and making fun of me. i dont even know this guy. well i told him he'd better shut up. i was quite mad at the moment and didnt know wat to do. so i started to curse. i told him to shut the f*** up. he was like "what?you think your hard now?". i told him i didnt do anything and asked wat his problem was. then my big mouth friend said i was a MAist. thats when i knew there was going to be a fight. he started to mock me. after school, i was walking to the corner and i saw him. so i walked to the opposite street. the f***er came over and started pushing me and asked why "I was talking ***** about him in class". when i pushed back, he swung. i didnt see it comming so i was hit several times continously. luckily i didnt fall, i didnt get a chance to hit him once. i ran backwards fast and threw a high knee...that ended it all. he was out cold but my face was in pain. he hit the white of my eye and its all red from the blood.

Hi Muay Thai

So what did you learn from this incident? Good for you for defending yourself but fighting should always be a last resort.
You say he continuously hit you and you didn't get a chance to hit him once, what was it do you think that gave him the advantage, his size, maybe more fight experience? Maybe you should step up your training so that you get hit less often, working on speed and evasive techniques, more blocking drilss, awareness drills ansd such. But it shows your training has served you well as you must have taken some really hard shots but they did not shake you up too much to stop you from fighting back.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
jjmcc said:
im always thinking of finger strikes the eye is a very tender spot and when attacked is extremly effective either partially blinding opponent or enough to make the attacker think twice. Once the attackers eyesight starts to come back hes on the floor and your OFF.
Hey, your are correct. This is the desired outcome.

jjmcc said:
I am not doubting your wisdom but i cant understand how you or anyone with so much knowledge or training can tell me that a strike to the eyes is not an effective technique.
I am not saying that it is not an effecive technique. I am saying that when the "cards go down" and the "fists are flying", or any other scenario, one may not get a chance nor even "think" about finger strikes to the eye. But, by ALL means, continue to practice them :)

jjmcc said:
Im a realist it would be great if a guy come up to you in the street to kick your *** and all you had to say is i dont want trouble and they left you alone ye but thats never going to happen more these days the worlds a dangerous place i train hard and i know im good at what i do and i train and now teach people to defend themself at any cost worry about the conciquences later and my outlook will never change.
Yes, I can almost agree with much of this. But part of martial art excellance, is not to use excessive force and do anything that will have you suffer consequences.

However, as bold as one of my instructors had his personal quote;
"When other means fail - Do Unto To Others BEFORE They Do Unto You"

OP
J

jjmcc

47MartialMan said:
Hey, your are correct. This is the desired outcome.

I am not saying that it is not an effecive technique. I am saying that when the "cards go down" and the "fists are flying", or any other scenario, one may not get a chance nor even "think" about finger strikes to the eye. But, by ALL means, continue to practice them :)

Yes, I can almost agree with much of this. But part of martial art excellance, is not to use excessive force and do anything that will have you suffer consequences.

However, as bold as one of my instructors had his personal quote;
"When other means fail - Do Unto To Others BEFORE They Do Unto
You"
Thank you for your comments im glad we see eye to eye on some of the comments... :partyon:

Latest Discussions