Kicking with the instep to the heavy bag hurts like hell

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you train for self defense, why bare feet. Makes no sense.
Personally, I spend a fair bit of time bare foot.
But, you know, it's really interesting how many of your comments have nothing to do with anything said by anybody.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you train for self defense, why bare feet. Makes no sense.
If your system utilizes your feet as a primary weapon you need to condition them to be strong. You should want strong feet anyway since they carry you around all your life.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Personally, I spend a fair bit of time bare foot.
But, you know, it's really interesting how many of your comments have nothing to do with anything said by anybody.

I don't care what you think about my form. If that's what you are referring to.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am a little confused here. You started a thread about a problem you have: kicking the heavy bag with your instep hurts. Dog has no problem kicking a heavy bag with his instep and I believe he has had one or two students in his career that could kick a heavy bag with their instep. He offered one fix, after seeing the video of you kicking. You respond with "I don't care what you think about my form." Thats probably true. But the thing is, its not hurting Dog's instep at all. And, until you make some changes to your kick, it will probably continue to hurt your instep when you kick the bag.

What would help out here, is maybe asking Dog for specifics about what you could change in your kick. He could probably give you some great advice. And, not only would you learn something, but a lot of us other folks on this forum, might learn a few things too. This forum is about people coming together to share what they have learned, but also to learn from other people. If you are going to learn from other people, that means you can't always be the ultimate authority on every subject. Search this forum, you will see many examples of people asking for help or for tips, getting them and reporting back their success. Then they go on to help other people, by spreading what they have learned. There are even folks here who post videos of themselves, and ask for feedback and correction. They take the corrections and tips... and their next video usually shows a lot of improvement.

There are people on this forum who have been teaching people to kick (or do any martial arts technique) longer than either you or I have been alive. There is a great wealth of information here, if you care to take it. If not, hey, its your instep, not mine.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am a little confused here. You started a thread about a problem you have: kicking the heavy bag with your instep hurts. Dog has no problem kicking a heavy bag with his instep and I believe he has had one or two students in his career that could kick a heavy bag with their instep. He offered one fix, after seeing the video of you kicking. You respond with "I don't care what you think about my form." Thats probably true. But the thing is, its not hurting Dog's instep at all. And, until you make some changes to your kick, it will probably continue to hurt your instep when you kick the bag.

What would help out here, is maybe asking Dog for specifics about what you could change in your kick. He could probably give you some great advice. And, not only would you learn something, but a lot of us other folks on this forum, might learn a few things too. This forum is about people coming together to share what they have learned, but also to learn from other people. If you are going to learn from other people, that means you can't always be the ultimate authority on every subject. Search this forum, you will see many examples of people asking for help or for tips, getting them and reporting back their success. Then they go on to help other people, by spreading what they have learned. There are even folks here who post videos of themselves, and ask for feedback and correction. They take the corrections and tips... and their next video usually shows a lot of improvement.

There are people on this forum who have been teaching people to kick (or do any martial arts technique) longer than either you or I have been alive. There is a great wealth of information here, if you care to take it. If not, hey, its your instep, not mine.

Dirty dog is a hater who's only intent is to denegrate my worth. All his posts directed towards me include some sort of insinuated or explicit insult. He is a bully. Despite my willingness to discuss matters objectively, he refuses to do so. I will ignore him from now on.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you ever respond to what is actually said, as opposed to the weird things you imagine?
Dirty dog is a hater who's only intent is to denegrate my worth. All his posts directed towards me include some sort of insinuated or explicit insult. He is a bully. Despite my willingness to discuss matters objectively, he refuses to do so. I will ignore him from now on.
You have a vastly inflated opinion of your importance.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

You are wasting your time trying to reason with this guy. He isn’t here to learn or discuss.

Latest Discussions