Kenpo in East Bay (S.F.) area??

thesensei

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to move to Dublin, CA, in the East Bay area, and I'm looking for a good Kenpo school there. Anyone know of anything? I'm specifically wanting EPAK, but if the quality is there, I'd consider another offshoot as well. I know John Sepulveda's school is in Santa Clara, about 30-40 minutes away. I would consider going there occasionally (I've heard good things about him), but it's a little far to be going several times a week!

Thanks for the input,
JB

K

Kirk

I don't know much about the geography of California, but have
you tried this link?

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you can train with John Sepulveda, DO. I just joined his Association based on exactly that ... Training. He can do it!!

Steven LaBounty lives up there, Marcos Bonfigliano, I believe is up there. Darryl Simpson is living around that area, and a host of others. You should not lack for good Kenpo.

Oss,
-Michael Kenpo-Texas.com

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Michael Billings
I just joined his Association based on exactly that ... Training. [/URL][/COLOR]

So I noticed, on your site. What's up with that?

S

SingingTiger

I had a brief e-mail exchange with Steven LaBounty a couple of months ago. Unless I misunderstood, he's living in the Sierra foothills, quite a ways from Dublin, and he's "retired" from teaching (though I guess he still does seminars).

My school's in Los Gatos, so I'm afraid that'd be just as far as Santa Clara, and it's not EPAK. In fact, if I decide to look around, John Sepulveda's school will be my first stop based on the recommendation of someone else here (I think it was Clyde, I'm not sure).

Rich

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by SingingTiger
I had a brief e-mail exchange with Steven LaBounty a couple of months ago. Unless I misunderstood, he's living in the Sierra foothills, quite a ways from Dublin, and he's "retired" from teaching (though I guess he still does seminars). Rich

Stephen LaBounty is not "retired" from teaching. He is still quite active and has several students. He does NOT teach activly in "His Own Personal Studio" and probably won't again, but was and is continually active spreading Kenpo.

:asian:

S

SingingTiger

Thanks for the correction, Mr. Conatser! I hadn't thought about the fact that it's definitely possible to have students even if you're not teaching in a studio.

Rich

K

Katie Simmons

Definitely study with John Sepulveda! I had the privilege of attending his seminar at the last Gathering and he was absolutely great - very powerful, very fast.

Latest Discussions