Keeping up with your students

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can really relate to Last Fearner's post. He is just a few years older than I. I train hard, for me. If the students can do better, that makes me proud and gives me incentive to keep training hard. It is a natural part of living that as we mature, we are not as capable physically as we once were. But, we can slow the process by training. Heck, look at Jack LaLanne!

Miles

wynnema

Orange Belt
Reaction score
IcemanSK said:
The funny part is, he has it blasting throughout the whole class time. He was trying to talk w/ his students one day & I went to turn it down so the could hear him. He got mad at me. I guess ya don't mess w/ the tunes for any reason.

this guy sounds hilarious. he must be seen as a bit of a joke by the class.

DONT TOUCH THE MUSIC! :ak47:

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I see the relationship as a two way learning experience and everyone should be learning and improving together. If the relationship is right, both will improve. As an instructor, my focus is on how i can keep offering more value to my students. I have to keep improving if I want to keep offering more value! It's an upward spiral.

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I recently had a discussion w/ a 45 year old instructor who teaches sport MA. He told me that he started working out extra hard so he will always be a step ahead of his students. In his words, "I don't want them to think they can 'one up' the Old Man." He mainly teaches grade school aged children, but has a few teens in his program.

Do you feel this way about how you see your relationship to your students? I'm curious.

"Training is often neglected by even the most seasoned and experienced!" -MB

Latest Discussions