Karate

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by yilisifu
Intense.

Yes, that would be a good way to describe him. He's still that way, too.

He's a wonderful teacher; a piece of karate history that's still walking around.

Actually compared to the time I first met him he has mellowed somewhat.
I was actually pretty scared of him after I first met him.
Then again I was a young kid that thought I knew everything and had just gotten my a$$ handed to me by him during our first encounter. (I was literally thrown around his dojo for about 45 minutes and there wasn't a damn thing I could have done about it)

That was the Okinawan way of saying "Welcome to my dojo" I guess.;)

Y

yilisifu

Yes, when I first met him he was a little more...intense than he is now. Old age DOES mellow you out a bit. And I think he was determined to show people the truth of real Okinawan karate as opposed to what they thought it was. He certainly accomplished that.

I will never forget the wonderful times we spent together (altogether TOO short); not just training, but sitting and talking about principles and history. He's a very rare man and I shall always be grateful for having had the opportunity to meet him and witness his skill.

I

Infight

Man, looked over all internet and didnt see anything like that, sounds like some Chinese or Korean stuff, why should some of these guys disturb the Okinawan Karate? They dont know how to fight (LOL), let Japanese guys do the job! See what they did: kung fu, hapkido, tae kwon do, and these stuff!

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Infight
Man, looked over all internet and didnt see anything like that, sounds like some Chinese or Korean stuff, why should some of these guys disturb the Okinawan Karate? They dont know how to fight (LOL), let Japanese guys do the job! See what they did: kung fu, hapkido, tae kwon do, and these stuff!

This is the second post I have read of yours and on both I can't really understand what you are trying to say.

What is it you are trying to say?:confused:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
This is the second post I have read of yours and on both I can't really understand what you are trying to say.

Remember, English is not the native language of all of our members.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

I

Infight

Sorry, thats cause i relating my answers to questions put a long time before, i dont know yet how you guys put that " original posted by.." on your answer so, it became disconnected from talking.
But, by the time i learn to do it, ill do it, hehe till there it will be just a crazy talking, or youll have to look something written before related.
And yup, my native language is Portuguese

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Infight
Sorry, thats cause i relating my answers to questions put a long time before, i dont know yet how you guys put that " original posted by.." on your answer

Use the quote button at the bottom right-hand side of each post.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

I

Infight

Originally posted by arnisador
Use the quote button at the bottom right-hand side of each post.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Thank you Arnisador, its really cool this quote, very usefull

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by arnisador
Remember, English is not the native language of all of our members.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

I understand that..........hell I am a native speaker and people have trouble figuring out what I am going on about.;)

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
I understand that..........hell I am a native speaker and people have trouble figuring out what I am going on about.;)

Yeah, but that's because you rant and rave and lose the plot, and mumble and argue, .....

UUM, no that's not you, must be someone else on MT.

:rofl: :rofl: Just kidding.....

--Dave

:asian:

Latest Discussions