Kami's Black Belt Testing

Kamaria Annina

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to announce that my first dan black belt testing (In TaeKwonDo) is Thursday, June 2, 2005. I wasn't expecting my testing to be this soon. It had been pushed back twice, and it looked as if it was going to be held at the end of this month. However, I got the phone call from my instructor, asking if I would be attending class this Thursday, I said "yes," and he surprised me with a, "Good. You'll be testing for your black belt on Thursday."

Concerning my Refrence Papers thread in the TKD section of MA, because of the late notice, they won't be due (but they are in rough draft stage) Once I finish them, I will definitely post it up!

I'm so excited for Thursday, but at the same time, very nervous. But all in all, I think I'm ready :)

K

Kempogeek

Congratulations!! Bet that had to be a major shock to the system. But Im sure your instructor wouldn't have scheduled the exam if he didn't feel you were ready. So that's a vote of confidence to your abilities. Im sure you already read about others' upcoming exams and the advice that was given. So remember what was said and good luck! Keeping fingers crossed as well. Keep us posted......All the best, Steve

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow! Just ... wow! Thursday! That's tomorrow!!

Your instructor obviously has bunches of faith in you to put it on you like this. You'll do great! Good training! Good Testing!

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck. Just look at this as another chapter in the journey of practice. Also remember that your instructor puts his pants on just like you. one leg at a time.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, that news wouldn't be for the faint of heart. You must be ready or he wouldn't have given you such short notice. Good luck! TW

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great call after allthe celebration is over, I mean write sorry!!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck to you on the test!!! Please let us know how everything goes.

Mike

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well good luck. Obviously your instructor knows you can pass the test. :)

OP
Kamaria Annina

Kamaria Annina

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thursday night I recieved my black belt! It was indeed, a hard test, but it was definitely worth it. My test consisted of all my forms, self defense, and our own constructed self defense methods. In addition, I had to do numerous board breaks, and the endurance test which consisted of 5 minutes of line kicking and 5 minutes of jump line kicking. It was truly an amazing expierence to be recieving my black belt, I feel like I have truly accomplished something. :)

K

Kempogeek

You certainly achieved a major accomplishment. No doubt about that! Congratulations!! Continued success....Steve

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right on, Kami! :partyon: Congratulations - you so totally rock!!

Latest Discussions