Kahm Sung

harold

Green Belt
Reaction score
I saw a sword video from Dr. Kahm Sung. Can anyone tell me more about him and his style or give me a place to read more about him? I know he is a movie producer but I do not know much more than that.

LarryR

White Belt
Reaction score
I have several of his sword training videos, which I think are excellent. I plan on visiting his studio in New Jersey this upcoming year and possibly do some training with him. As I spoke to one of his students several months ago, there are other fellow martial artist who travel from out of state, such as myself, come and train with him on a scheduled basis. I,m hoping to do the same.

I hope this helps.

LarryR.

OP
H

harold

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have several of his sword training videos, which I think are excellent. I plan on visiting his studio in New Jersey this upcoming year and possibly do some training with him. As I spoke to one of his students several months ago, there are other fellow martial artist who travel from out of state, such as myself, come and train with him on a scheduled basis. I,m hoping to do the same.

I hope this helps.

LarryR.

Do you know the name of his style?

LarryR

White Belt
Reaction score
When I first responded to this thread I hadn't notice the thumbs down on the topic header. So I must ask why the thumbs down? From what I have seen and heard, looks good to me. Granted I haven't meet him in person yet.

Anyway its the holidays so heres the website:
www.kumsungkarate.com

If there is something I need to know before traveling to visit his studio, please shed some light on the matter.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
From the looks of it, it is Haidong Kumdo or his own style.
It's not haidong gumdo, or any of the major offshoots from it.

On the website, he calls his techniques 'kumdo', which is a generic term in Korean that means sword martial art. I didn't recognize any logo in the background or on the uniforms for the sword art.

OP
H

harold

Green Belt
Reaction score
When I first responded to this thread I hadn't notice the thumbs down on the topic header. So I must ask why the thumbs down? From what I have seen and heard, looks good to me. Granted I haven't meet him in person yet.

Anyway its the holidays so heres the website:
www.kumsungkarate.com

If there is something I need to know before traveling to visit his studio, please shed some light on the matter.

The reason the thumbs down was on the post is because I hit the wrong icon by mistake.Thanks for the link to the website.